Transport Engineer II
18 Months +
- Engineering background either Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, someone who can write installations packages, understand power requirements, and has good communication skills.
- The Wireline Core Equipment Engineering organization provides detailed network solutions leveraging state of the art global transport network consisting of Ultra-Long Haul (ULH), SONET, OTN Mesh, and Metro Access.
- In this role, you will be designing, engineering, and deploying optical transport solutions to augment the Metro Access component of this global network.
- You will be part of a fast-paced environment focused on both immediate delivery to customers and the long-term evolution of the network.
- Collaborating with planning, provisioning, standards, and sales teams as well as equipment vendors on network and customer solutions.
- Partnering with field operations and other implementation organizations to obtain information such as space, power, and fiber availability required to complete project engineering.
- Creating install specifications (ISPECS) and applicable diagrams and drawings required for installation, turn-up, inventory, and configuration of Metro transport equipment deployed into the network.
- Developing project Bill of Material (BOM) and placing orders for network equipment, rack, and hardware requirements.
- Defining cable requirements, creating cable running lists, and ordering all cables.
- Ensuring all engineering documentation is accurate and up to date.
- Ensuring work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
- Responsible for managing deployment of projects to achieve targeted and measured business goals and key objectives.
- Identify, monitor, report and escalate project-related issues to achieve timely resolution.
- Develop and implement corrective action plans to mitigate impact to project schedules and overall business objectives.
- Utilize project tracking tools and systems to accurately document milestones completions, project issues, corrective action plans, project jeopardies and overall project completions.
- Maintain excellent communication with Project Sponsor, Functional Team Members and Direct Management to ensure early identification of issues and timely reporting of status.
- Associate degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Direct working knowledge of Tellabs 7100, Nortel 5200, Fuji 9500, Fuji 4500, Fuji 4100 and/or ROADM technology.
- Experience performing detailed engineering and creating technical documentation.
- Strong knowledge of both Outside Plant and Inside Plant facilities and characteristics.
- Experience installing telecommunications equipment.
- Experience using CAD based software tools.
- Knowledge or familiarity with the following systems: vBuild, FIM, ICON, TCOMS, COFFEE, CCP, SRM/nSAP.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, partner across organizations, and proactively address issues in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Excellent Excel, Word and other MS application skills.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent time management skills.
- Proven ability to be highly motivated, customer focused with organizational and leadership skills to push projects to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team as well as individually.