LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Purpose
Provide primary engineering support for North America turnarounds as assigned.Roles & Responsibilities
- Carries out responsibilities in a way that fosters a safe and productive work environment.
- Provides first level technical support for turnaround planning staff.
- Contributes to overall leadership of turnaround planning and execution, driving use of best practices.
- Leads and facilitates the identification and development of technical and engineered turnaround work scope. (e.g. Projects, Inspection and Engineered Work Orders)
- Main liaison between the Capital Project Managers and the Turnaround Team on projects that have scope that will be performed during the turnaround.
- Assures work scope requiring engineering design be put into the design process such that design deliverables are received by the Turnaround Team in a timely manner.
- Provides general coordination and progress monitoring for plant and project engineering activities.
- Leads Procurement and Turnaround Leadership in the development of a contracting plan and strategy to support the execution phase of the turnaround.
- Primarily responsible for identifying potential contractors, developing bid packages, evaluating and selecting contractors, and starting the mobilization process prior to the turnaround.
- Works with turnaround planning resources to define technical resource needs and assigns, allocates, or procures them as necessary to efficiently and safely meet turnaround goals.
- Supports specific turnaround projects in the pre-turnaround planning phase and turnaround execution phase.
- Assists and backs up the Turnaround Manager as needed and provides leadership as required for aspects of turnaround planning and execution.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with a minimum of five years of engineering experience. Mechanical engineering degree preferred with chemical, petrochemical, or refining experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of relevant engineering codes and standards as well as being able to demonstrate abilities.
- General knowledge of project management and maintenance engineering.
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance practices and general, technical understanding of the specifications, codes and standard quality control inspections that would be applicable to turnaround work.
- Ability and willingness to work turnaround schedules such as seven days per week and twelve hours per day for extended periods during turnaround execution.
- Ability and willingness to take on temporary assignments of up to 18 months duration outside of the Houston area.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston