KETT Engineerig is searching for a design engineer for our client in Plymouth, MI.
Long term contract with competitive pay.
Prepare and support automotive / chassis designs of complex components and associated moderate / complex vehicle sub-systems. Prepare math data files for part components, assembly models, drawings, layouts / Installation Assemblies (IAs) and Instruction Drawings utilizing Siemens Unigraphics (UGNX) & Teamcenter (TcAE) Software.
Exercise an intermediate level of independent judgment with management support. Complete assigned design activities to satisfy and support program objectives, while demonstrating professional behavior with peers and management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create initial packaging studies and engineering concepts.
- Objectively integrates component / subsystem designs into vehicle systems.
- Propose new design concepts and engineering solutions based upon guidance received from Product Design Engineers / Program Planning team.
- Prepare detailed drawings (2D) and Installation Assemblies (IAs) using UGNX / Microsoft (MS) Software.
- Guide Junior and Intermediate Designers in the preparation of new design models, required detailed drawings and Instruction Drawings, as necessary.
- Coordinate design proposals with all interfacing design responsible team members.
- Facilitate or participate in Design / Virtual management reviews.
- Support advanced CAE with formatted studies to strengthen efficient design analysis.
- Resolve releases system conflicts to meet program requirements with quality and 'on time' performance.
- Comfortable working with the Shop Technicians and has basic knowledge of the shop equipment, including interfacing software for data sharing.
- Update Manager(s) and appropriate team members on assigned tasks.
- Reports to Temporary Staff Employer and Account Manager.
- Work Assignments are provided byCommercial Vehicle (CV) Engineering.
- Sr. Design Lead provides guidance and priorities.
- No direct reports.
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Associate Degree or above preferred
Minimum six years' automotive Chassis related UGNX design experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience in NX Check-Mate (Siemens) or GM DCS operational environment / equivalent
Automotive experience & talent:
Reference basic automotive terminology, see below:
- Chassis system knowledge (preferred)
- Chassis Structures / Frames / Steering & Suspensions
- Exhaust / Induction / Controls / Fuel delivery
- Powertrain mounting / Under-hood packaging
- Structures / Body
- Electrical -Chassis integration & component wiring
- Compartment Integration / Vehicle Assembly Structure (VAS)
- UGNX Version 8.0 & TcAE 9.1 or above
- Knowledge of GM Data Creation Standards -Preferred
- File organization -TcAE workflow process & procedures
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong visualization skills
- Strong ability to read / create drawings
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance Skills