Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
Please note: our offices have not yet fully reopened due to the pandemic and our employees are working from home. Once our offices reopen, this position will transition to working in either our NYC or Naperville, IL offices. If NYC, there will likely be at least a partial work-from-home schedule.
As a UI Developer, you will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of complex robust applications on behalf of the department.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Analyze projects’ needs, research and engineer solutions to complex software problems.
- Work on cross-functional projects and collaborate with UI Lead, UI designer, UI developers on a regular basis.
- Develop Single Page Applications using Angular, ReactJS, or VueJS Framework.
- Build quality code using core UI technologies and perform code reviews.
- Assist UI Development group in building UI development standards and best practices.
- Work with UI designer on creating UI patterns in order to improve user experience.
- Support high visibility production issues, participate in root cause analysis and provide timely solutions as needed.
- Build and map path(s) to upgrade and/or migrate software as necessary
- Create and execute performance test(s) for the stability of application(s) when necessary
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements
- Demonstrate the company’s core competencies and values held within.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
This role works under minimal supervision in a team focused, results oriented manner. The incumbent works within established standards and procedures, relying on a broad base of knowledge gained through experience to complete the job responsibilities assigned. The incumbent has regular contact with all levels of internal and external contacts to complete objectives while keeping the needs of external and internal customers as a priority when making decisions and taking action.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
* Minimum high school diploma and five (5) years' of software systems programming experience at least three (3) of which should be inclusive of experience with Java serve programming using J2EE/JEE technologies. Bachelors' degree in a relevant/related field is a significant plus and strongly preferred. * Strong knowledge of Java and a wide range of Java/J2EE/JEE technologies such as JDBC, JNI, JSP/Servlets, JTA, JMS, JNDI, JMX, JAAS, and others. * Knowledge of object oriented programming concepts and design patterns. * Understanding of multi-tier distributed software architectures, concurrent programming concepts, and multi-threaded applications. * Knowledge of relational databases and SQL. * Experience with advanced XML technologies and API's such as XSD. * Experience with Web Services and SOA and related standards such as SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, and BPEL. * Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable * Knowledge of healthcare claims and health insurance industry preferred * Knowledge of business directions, trends and impacts of key business and IT initiatives * Knowledge of project management and execution of multiple projects * Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting, analytical and organizational skills * Excellent oral, written and communication skills * The ability to quickly attain and understand new processes with strict attention to detail * Ability to meet strict deadlines, work on multiple tasks and work well under pressure * Ability to work at the highest technical level on all phases of software systems programming applications * Ability to analyze data and arrive at a logical conclusion * Ability to assess ramification of issues and prioritize tasks based on business impact * Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients * Ability to evaluate production situations and current information to determine the appropriate course of action and execute decisions * Ability to use software, hardware and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Office and software development applications
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage (low copay & deductible
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) + match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Summer Hours
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Engineering & Aerospace