LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
LyondellBasell has embarked upon a strategic digital transformation journey, to provide value focused and scalable digital and advanced analytics solutions across LyondellBasell's enterprise. Through working closely with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, business domain experts, and IT, the UI / UX Designer & Developer will have the opportunity to provide significant tangible business value through developing and deploying user interface capabilities on high value problems. This requires a team of innovative, energetic, productive, software development minded, and humble individuals who demonstrate LyondellBasell's core values in the application of user interface design and functionality on each project.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Place emphasis on delivering value through user interface design and functionality, through excellent problem solving, design, development, and the implementation of scalable solutions
- Work collaboratively with Data Scientists, Data Engineers and business SMEs (Process Engineers, Automation Engineers, Reliability Engineers, other business domain experts) in designing and development of the interactive and functional interfaces which are critical to delivering data driven solutions on high impact problems
- Identify the needs of LyondellBasell users and improve on existing features, translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Work collaboratively with IT to develop and ensure proper architecture, security, exception handling, testing, and code development standards are adhered to
- Contribute to all stages of the design process from user research to creating user stories and wireframes and shipping the product, and regularly give and receive feedback on design iterations
- Leverage deep user interface design, software development expertise, and code development standards to enable the delivery of advanced analytics projects
- Help define the short and long-term roadmap for advanced analytics solution UI / UX design and development
- Architect, define, and develop technical frameworks and applications, to provide data, business intelligence, and information
- Network internally and externally to build relationships that foster technology transfer and collaboration
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Web Design, or related technical field
- 2+ years user design and/or front-end development professional experience
- Strong engineering track-record focusing on front-end development & technologies (JS/CSS/HTML) and modern frameworks and approaches
- High level of enthusiasm and a love of user design and front end development
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills, including strong technical and mathematical knowledge and skills
- Working knowledge of industry standard design software and technology (i.e. Sketch, Figma, Adobe CC, Invision, or other UX related tools), and knowledge of latest UX trends and techniques
- Mathematical knowledge and experience in statistical analysis, qualitative analysis, quantitative analysis, product usability moderating, experimental design, and/or test method selection
- Keen and exceptional attention to detail with the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate your design methodology clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Experience with Linux, Unix, Git, and front-end software development testing frameworks
- Experience leveraging user analytics to evaluate performance and usability
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your ability to create effective user-centered design solutions
- Dual BS degrees or an MS covering both the design and the development aspects of UI/UX preferred
- 6+ years user design and/or front-end development professional experience
- Strong programming and scripting skills in other languages, such as C#, C++, or Java
- Experience with Azure DevOps or VS Code
- Experienced working with Data Scientists and Data Engineers on advanced analytics solutions
- Experience with C3.ai is highly favorable, but is not expected
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston