We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done…our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) Designer works across teams to create to the development of engaging, positive user experiences for digital solutions for internal UPS customers. This position will contribute to and support the visual and interactive user experience for products that play a central role in future development efforts. The UI/UX Designer follows UI/UX design standards, guidelines and strategies that will serve as the foundation for creating cohesive experiences. He/She supports the UI/UX department strategy, the integration of the user experience team and these concepts within UPS, and multiple project deliverables across the enterprise. This position provides documentation for project related activities and tasks, research and analysis outcomes, and test results.
- 2+ years UX Design or Front-End Mobile/Web Design
- Thorough understanding of User Research (Quantitative and Qualitative), Interaction Design, Information Design, Visual Design and Usability Testing
- Proficiency in Design and Prototyping Tools (Sketch, Axure, Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Create high-fidelity mockups and design assets for mobile and desktop applications.
- Conceptualize and maintain a new UI pattern library for both designers and developers.
- Establish guidelines for consistent use of iconography and naming conventions.
- Collaborate with the Lead Designer and Business Analyst on final design requirements.
- Develop prototypes for usability testing and stakeholder review purposes.
- Conduct design and emerging technologies research for new design projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law