UI/UX Developer - TS/SCI w/ Poly
The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a User Interface / User Experience Developer to work at our Columbia, Maryland location. If the ideal candidate is found, he/she may work in our San Diego or Aurora, Colorado locations. Approximately 5% travel will be required if located in CA or CO (~2-4 days every 12 weeks). This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The UI/UX Developer will assist in the design, implementation, and testing of a large and complex web application. The selected individual will be part of a software development team utilizing an agile development methodology.
- Design, code, and test software based on user stories and other system engineering artifacts as part of an agile scrum team
- Ensure that code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, and fault tolerant
- Support all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, system design, software development, testing, documentation, and maintenance, for a complex web application
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline and at least 4 years of related experience in software development; additional years of experience can be substituted for Degree
- Past experience in web application design, user interface design, or user experience (UX) design
- A solid understanding of sound software development principles and practices
- Ability to plan and prioritize personal tasking and to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to perform high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies as necessary
- Experience with Maven, Jenkins, Tomcat
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Software Development • Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.