UI/UX Web Developer
The UI/UX Web Developer plays one of the most important roles in our company's overall product development process. Our ideal candidate will have strong, hands-on experience with the latest web design and UI/UX technologies. They must have the ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities and work effectively as part of a versatile, global web development team. Candidates must also be comfortable discussing complex requirements with various business and technical groups.
Most importantly, the ability to provide sound reasoning and empirical evidence to back up UI/UX decisions is a must! Candidates should be proud to present their Project Portfolio during the interview and able to justify UX direction and strategy.
If you have experience developing public-facing websites or applications, an eye for producing innovative while technically feasible designs, and enjoy delivering industry-leading, efficient, easy-to-use interfaces to current and prospective clients…we'd like to meet you!
- Collaborate with business leaders and product teams to translate requirements, use cases, acceptance criteria, and technical design documents into well-structured sitemaps, work flows, and wireframes
- Design and code front-end Views in the MVC pattern to be utilized by back-end development teams
- Analyze existing applications to develop improvement strategies for better performance, data presentation, information architecture, and user experience across all browsers/devices
- Work closely with the engineering teams on feature development to ensure the implementation matches the designed artifacts
- Develop UI assets in accordance with style guide standards
- Perform UX research duties as needed including but not limited to developing user personas, conducting competitor analysis, and hosting focus groups/feedback sessions
- 3+ years of front-end web application development experience working alongside back-end development teams in a continuous integration environment
- 3+ years of responsive UI/UX design for a large, public-facing website or application
- Experience with Graphic Design software such as Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Experience with Wireframing tools such as Balsamiq, Axure, or Draw.io
- Familiarity with ASP.NET MVC using C# (or comparable server-side technology)
- Familiarity with WCF and consuming and/or developing web service APIs
- Familiarity with SQL and databases
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and willing to incorporate suggestions and feedback
- Ability to plan and design projects with either very minimal or very specific direction
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment using tools such as Jira
- Excellent communicator and collaborator
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with mobile development for iOS/Android is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Web Design/Development, or a related subject…but a strong Project Portfolio trumps all!