The Process Engineering Supervisor is responsible for developing work methods and measurements for the UPS Capital Operations. He/She analyzes new technology to determine utilization potential and creates Process Maps and Desk Level Procedures for Operations.
This position works with operations to observe current work methods and identify areas to optimize productivity. He/She simulates components of operations/staff positions by working the position to understand the process to understand each step in the process. The Process Engineering Supervisor analyzes to improve current processes within operations. This position conducts departmental orientation for selected interns to ensure their understanding of policies, processes, and work assignments.
- Publishes Desk Level Procedures on the internal website (i.e. iGate) to provide Operations with fair and consistent performance expectations.
- Collaborates with Project Managers to size out projects and set timelines.
- Develops standard calculation worksheets to capture work measurements and assist operations/staff management in planning production numbers.
- Collaborates with software developers to identify measurement system (e.g., measurement output module, etc.) specifications.
- Addresses work methods and measurement questions to ensure IE management understands calculation worksheets and system applications.
- Technical Writing: Writes specialized or technical documents or copy, such as legal briefings, journals, manuals, instructions, articles, handbooks, and statistical reports.
- Project Management: Includes the processes and activities needed to identify, define, combine, unify and coordinate the various processes and project management activities throughout the entire project lifecycle and appropriate to the type of project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering - Preferred
- Proficiency with the MS Office products (Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint, e.g., Pivot Tables, V-look ups, database creation/maintenance, graph creation, etc.) - Preferred
- Experience with MS Project (creating and reading project plans) - Preferred
- Experience conducting analysis to improve current processes - Preferred
- Experience developing work methods and measurements - Preferred
- Experience writing specialized or technical documents (e.g. legal briefings, journals, manuals, instructions, articles, handbooks, and statistical report) - Preferred
- Experience with Project Management (identifying, defining, combining, unifying and coordinating various processes and project management activities throughout a project lifecycle) - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law