Business Test Analyst/Engineer
Design, build, maintain and test applications to improve patient outcomes and patient safety. The role of Business Test Analyst will work in an Agile/Scrum software development team specializing in healthcare solutions. The candidate will need to be self-motivated and prepared to work to tight deadlines. As well as gathering Business Requirements the role includes writing and reviewing Test Plans and Test Cases based on Business Requirements and/or User Stories with or without Acceptance Criteria. Execution of Test Cases will be core to the role. Experience of contributing to automated tests is highly desirable.
- Work closely with engineers, Product Owner and other stakeholders throughout the full software development lifecycle and be involved in the continuous improvement of our software
- Gather Business Requirements and document findings
- Impact assessment of change and identification of scope of regression testing for software enhancements
- Analysis of use cases and test cases for new projects
- Write Test Plans and Test Cases through evaluating Business Requirements, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria or through interaction with product stakeholders and developers.
- Design functional, non-functional and integration tests for new system releases and enhancements
- Use test automation tools to record and/or implement for repeated execution
- Maintain the product specification, user manuals, release notes and related external documentation.
- Make recommendations to improve processes and be analytical and methodical in your approach to new problems
- Ensure testing is conducted in an effective and risk balanced fashion
- Assist with testing and investigation of Level-3 customer support issues
- Ensure quality and consistency of all testing deliverables
- Organise/Prioritise own workload to optimize productivity and achieve targets
- Be very thorough in your approach to testing and able to quickly understand complex requirements
Must have experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or related field and 8+ years related experience.
- Experience of Business Requirements gathering
- Testing large and complex software applications
- Experience of manual/exploratory testing
- Full knowledge of typical Development Life Cycles
- Experience of working within an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Automated Testing with Robot Framework
- Experience with testing Containerized Micro-services architectures in a .NET environment
b. Desirable experience:
- Knowledge of the healthcare sector, including software products designed for clinical use
- Experience of JIRA, Confluence or GIT
- Automated Testing with Selenium
- Experience building and executing database queries (SQL)
- A solid technical understanding of the principles and procedures of software engineering (e.g., SDLC, IEC 62304, CMMI, Agile)