- What are the top three technical skills this person should have? Desired to have background in Mechanical Aptitude (application of scientific principles), Design Controls, Material Science, External Contractor Manufacturing Experience
- What are the top three soft skills this person should have? Critical thinking, collaboration, sense of urgency and drive for results.
- What is the preferred experience level you want (years)? 1-3 yrs
- Any specific education or certifications? Desired to have BS Mechanical Engineering or Technical degree
- Will this position be 100% onsite in Round Lake? Located in RL, due to Covid-19 may not be 100%, but dictated by business needs, such as conducting lab testing on-site.
o If so what building? WG-1 (office) and Tech1 (lab)
o Any chance for remote work at all? Yes, due to Covid
- What is the expected interview process? Phone and in person? Phone
Responsible for designing, developing, implementing and evaluating optimal, cost-effective projects and technologies. In addition to providing technical support and service to these areas, the incumbent may also perform the following functions: supervising, requisitioning, defining, initiating, specifying, documenting and training.
1) Act independently with minimal supervision to conduct smaller approved projects. Expected to make suggestion on improvements based on recent technical knowledge.
2) Able to contribute to cost estimating of major capital budget items and the spending of approved project funds.
3) Contribute to the planning and execution of components of the development process, which apply to product revision or enhancement or a defined piece of a larger project.
4) Ability to manage routine small projects without assistance.
5) Investigate and analyze design improvement suggestions. Recommend design improvements.
6) Perform standard engineering assignments which are typically a significant portion of a larger project. Select sound techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations under direction of supervisor. Assess results for application, validity and conformance to specifications. Recommend material and process specifications.
2) Utilize engineering tools to solve straightforward problems (e.g., FMEA, Finite Element Analysis, Process Modeling, Design of Experiments, Mold Flow, SPC)
1) Knowledge of the basic principles in various engineering disciplines.
2) Must have initial training in concepts of ?Six Sigma? quality techniques.
3) Must know how to effectively run projects, coordinate contractors, and direct the activities of a technician
Education / Experience
- Minimum requirement Bachelors of Science in Engineering (discipline: Mechanical, BioEngineer, Chemical Engineer, or etc.)
- 1 - 3 years' experience of medical device experience
- Statistical background helpful
- Knowledge of DHF or DHF Remediation
- Medical Device Product Life Cycle, Design Controls
- Software: Microsoft Office: Word, Excel (pivot tables, V-looks), Outlook, PowerPoint; Minitab; DOORS; CAD
Interview Platform: phone