- Primary responsibilities include Total Receivable Management of a specific customer portfolio.
- This position will be exercising discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance to include unpaid balances, outstanding invoices, short-pays, and credit holds.
- In addition, will develop a working relationship with these specific customers to work towards an amicable resolution on existing outstanding balances.
- Coordinate and communicate with sales teams regarding any outstanding AR or credit related issues.
- Credit Holds:
- Ensure all credit holds are addressed daily for customer portfolio.
- The decision making in this position requires a full understanding of customers payment history, assigned credit limit, contract terms and conditions and our company policies and procedures.
- Determine if order(s) are to be held, pending payment/resolution or propose other payment alternatives, allow the customer to exceed their credit limit or to ultimately release the customer’s order.
- Prioritize collections by value and aging of the receivable. Familiarity with assigned accounts/divisions will help to determine collection cycle.
- Propose alternative payment solutions for customers such as prepayment and/or negotiate a schedule of periodic payments on account.
- Negotiate payment arrangements with accounts with payment issues and recommend account to be placed on shipping restriction and/or collections through third party agencies
- Credit Limits:
- Establish, maintain and continuous evaluation of customers open lines of credit and credit worthiness as compared to their current outstanding balance and dollar amounts of open and future orders in accordance with our corporate policies and procedures.
- Utilize Dun & Bradstreet systems and tools and have a thorough knowledge of the credit limit process.
- Obtain proper approvals as necessary
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, etc. is preferred.
- Minimum 2-year experience in Accounts Receivable or Credit/Collections.
- Excel, Detail Oriented, Good, Communication skills,
- SAP (Preferred)
- **Remote until allowed onsite so MUST be local.