SkillStorm is seeking an UX /UI Designer for one of our clients in Charlotte, NC.
- We are seeking a seasoned, passionate and highly talented UX and UI Designer to join our team.
- Your focus will include all areas of UX and UI design, including interaction design, visual design and user research.
- You will collaborate closely with product managers, front-end developers, and business analysts on early stage prototypes up through final product implementation.
- You’ll advocate for what users want, need and expect from the products we develop, and have a knack for translating our strategy and complex business asks into efficient and intuitive user experiences.
Examples of Responsibilities
- Apply user-centered design (UCD) processes to identify user needs and create compelling solutions
- Create wireframes, site maps, schematics, user workflows, icons, mockups, and working prototypes to document the intended user experience
- Collaborate with product, technology, front-end developers and quality assurance testers to ensure products are implemented per design specs
- Work with other members of the product and UX team to plan, conduct and synthesize user research
- 5+ years of work experience in UX and UI Design (Prototyping / Visual Design / Research / Information Architecture)
- Strong knowledge of user experience across devices and platforms
- Experience conducting user research and translating insights into designs
- Experience evaluating product analytics and KPIs and translating insights into designs
- Ability to handle multiple projects and designs concurrently
- Knowledge of Agile development process
- Must be intellectually curious
- Ability and desire to think creatively to deliver business results both independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills written, verbal, visual presentations and effective listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate effectively with senior managers
- Ability to influence others
- Must think strategically and make sound judgment calls
- Proven ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced global environment; must be able to leverage cross-functional teams to deliver results to meet specific deadlines and shift focus with changing priorities
- Flexible work style to accommodate working with partners across the globe
- Experience in website design and user experience
- Experience in design around marketing efforts such as email, video and data visualization
- Proficient with Azure and/or Photoshop preferred for purposes of creating wire-frames, icons and prototypes
- Good understanding or desire to learn new technology
- Keen eye for market focus, competitive intelligence and awareness