UX Designer Overview Responsibilities Basic qualifications Additional qualifications Interview Process
6 month contract-to-hire
Webster, Texas 77598
Are you a UX Designer but tired of working in traditional UX fields? Houston Mechatronics Inc. is looking for a talented and motivated UX Designer to create a next generation operator experience for novel automation systems. We are interested in candidates that have an intuitive sense for good design, passionate about the presentation of information to operators (both visual and non-visual), and simply intrigued by the interaction between human and machine systems.
We need someone who understands that the status quo in robotics is simply not good enough and are looking to fundamentally impact the way human operators supervise autonomous systems.
Houston Mechatronics, Houston's leader in robotic and automation systems, is located in Webster, TX, just down the street from NASA's Johnson Space Center. We want you to be a part of our amazing team as we design, develop, and deploy intelligent, automated systems in 3 key markets: Oil & Gas, Telecomm, and Defense.
• Collaborate with the team to define and implement innovative solutions for human-machine interaction
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
• Conduct operator research and evaluate operator feedback
• Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
• College degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or equivalent experience
• Team player and enjoys working in a high-tempo environment that is driven by aggressive development schedules
• Experience working in an agile development process
• Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
• Experience in both visual and non-visual mediums and technologies
• Technologies: Vue.js, Java Script, CSS
• 3+ years of proven UI experience
• Experience in a robotics projects or other human-machine systems
• Programming experience to assist with implementation
• Linux experience
• Interview with Brooksource Recruiter
• Phone Screen with Hiring Team
• Onsite interview with Hiring Team at Houston Mechatronics
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.