Our client is looking for a UX Designer. Their engaging simulations seek to improve the knowledge, competence, patient safety, and performance of healthcare professionals globally. As part of this growing design team, you'll help to bring new features, brand assets, and products to life.
Here's some of what you'll do as part of the team:
- Shape the next generation of educational software products for the medical community
- Make a real-world impact by making doctors better health providers
- Design new features for our existing products
- Perform user testing and develop action plans based on your findings
- Continually refine existing products based on user-centric metrics
- Translate complex ideas and requirements into elegant user experiences
- Create wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes for various platforms and devices
- Help to establish a scalable design system that is easy for others to implement
- Work in concert with our product management, development and content/educational teams to build experiences that align with our brand, provide real customer value and grow our engaged audience.
- Spend 10% of your time working on new projects with various teams within the organization
- 3+ years of user experience and user interface design that has yielded published, production-quality results on the web or in software
- Demonstrated proficiency in industry tools like Sketch, Invision and Adobe Creative Cloud (and open to learning new ones)
- A portfolio of user experience and visual design work that showcases your problem-solving ability
- Be proficient at solving business problems by facilitating a user-centric design process.
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of design approaches and lo-fi & high-fi prototyping skills
- Strong communication and presentational skills – you can effectively communicate your solutions to other designers, product stakeholders, management and executives as well as those outside the organization
- Knowledge of accessibility and web performance best practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under tight deadlines
- Tangible experience working as part of a team
Our ideal candidate is:
- Experienced with agile software development
- Able to communicate raw ideas through a variety of mediums, including sketches and wireframes
- Fired up about design standards, typography, grid systems, color theory, and the latest in UX best practices to the point of researching these topics during personal time
- Able to design across screen sizes and devices to ensure the integrity of the experience in all contexts
- Willing to take the initiative to identify and act on opportunities to improve the product offering – not afraid to challenge the status quo!
- Rock-solid under pressure and able to manage shifts in requirements in stride
- Savvy in front-end development best practices, and able to liaise successfully between the design and development groups to ensure collective success
- Experienced in working on software applications with heavy traffic and growing user bases from the ground up.
- Experienced in designing for healthcare, education or games
- Bachelor's degree in visual design, interaction design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent professional experience
Contract to Hire
Creative & Design