LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
This position is part of the Global Technology Service reporting into the Global Collaboration department. Incumbent will be responsible managing the installation, maintenance, and support of IT voice applications and systems in the Unified Communications department. Goal is to ensure the smooth operation of applications and systems in order to provide maximum performance and availability for users.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Team Lead is responsible for executing and creating operational work processes and procedures to support and maintain Unified Communications systems and infrastructure. Responsibilities include involvement in the strategy development and direction for the Unified Communications platform to sustain an ever-evolving information technology landscape, to enable innovative business solutions and to prudently utilize technology for the best value at acceptable risk. The Team Lead is directly involved with developing secure services, systems/projects, and managing technical problems that arise and working closely with other IT and business teams to assist and coordinate remediation efforts and understand business requirements. Responsible for the day to day operational activities of the group, assigning workload. managing incidents and escalating issues to management. The Team Lead will have responsibility for employee goal setting and assist in the review process.
This is a working leadership position requiring either a degreed professional who possesses a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering preferred with five (5) years of Unified Communications experience, or a non-degreed professional with at least ten (10) years relevant experience preferred. This individual must demonstrate technical knowledge in the following technology disciplines:
- Experience in managing Unified Communication initiatives/projects to completion
- Experience with design, system implementation, deployment, and ongoing support of the following:
- Cisco Unified IP Phones
- Cisco Jabber and MRA
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Unity Connection
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Express
- Experience / overall knowledge of voice PRIs, PBXs, Call Centers, analog support
- Working knowledge of networking equipment and management tools
- Support of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Provide support to Global Collaboration manager to determine technical direction of Unified Communications environment
- Manage assignment of resources and prioritization of work
- Oversee goal setting and development of Unified Communication team resources
- Ensure Change Management processes are followed
- Communicate and foster relationships with client base
- Excellent team leadership skills
Must demonstrate strong skills in the following areas:
- Strong customer service focus
- Detail and systematic thinking
- Written and oral communication - ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Commitment to follow standards
- Results orientation (driving to deadlines, project goals, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively and partner with suppliers, employees, leaders and clients
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston