The Unified Communications (UC) Engineer is responsible for the design and delivery of UC technologies and solutions, including, but not limited to: global, integrated IPT infrastructure; instant messaging / presence; collaboration; and video conferencing. This role requires deep and broad experience designing and implementing solutions at an enterprise level to Allegis Operating Companies globally. It requires the ability to communicate clearly, deliver a high level of customer service, and the willingness to explore new communication and collaboration technologies.Essential Functions:
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Develop and generate Systems Design Packages, to include conceptual, logical, and physical network architecture/designs and resulting artifacts, including documents and drawings, configuration policies and guidelines, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments to ensure a sound architecture.
- Research technological advancements to ensure that Unified Communication solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards as well as emerging business requirements
- Evaluate complex technologies to understand their potential vs. risk and make recommendations including both technical and business foundations
- Work with technology vendors and Procurement in vendor negotiations and selection as needed
- Contribute to the development, testing, distribution, and documentation of networking technologies and solutions, and conduct training / turn-over of engineered solutions to Service Operations Owners.
- Troubleshoots and demonstrates problem solving skills in identification of the root causes of business performance and execution issues by using process and data analysis
- Escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner support, approval and/or resolution
- Availability to work extended, off-hours, based upon project requirements and Major Incident remediation situations.
- Occasional travel may be required to support project implementations (less than 10%).
- Interface with internal departments in the form of recommendations for technology selections, reporting for leadership decision making, mentorship for other business areas
- Work in conjunction with Domain and Enterprise Architects to maintain short and long term technology roadmaps and strategies
- Work in conjunction with DA and EA with strategy and the designing of on premises solutions, such as CUCM, but not limited to. Cloud based Solutions, Hybrid Solutions, and Contact Center Solutions as well as ensure scalability and cost effectiveness
- Work in conjunction with the UC operations team to provide knowledge transfers, design packages, and act as an escalation
- B.S. in Computer Science, Business, or related major or equivalent business experience.
- 7-10 years' experience designing, implementing, and supporting unified communications solutions.
- Experience designing, planning, implementing, and supporting VoIP/IPT in addition to other Unified Communications technologies, such as e-mail/messaging, video conferencing, instant messaging/presence, audio and web conferencing.
- Hands-on experience with conference room, desktop and cloud-based Video Conferencing technologies: Cisco/Webex Telepresence preferred.
- 5 years' experience with Cisco IPT, CISCO Voice certification, preferred.
- 2 – 3 year experience with Microsoft Unified Communications products (Exchange, Teams and other collaboration tools) preferred
- Agile Foundations Training
- ITIL Training for Service Design and Service Operations are preferred
- Cisco network and Voice certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the functional areas of the team.
- Ability to provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members in the areas of technical skills & competencies.
- Understanding of IS methodologies such as SDLC, ITIL, PMLC and QA/Test.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the principles, techniques, and methodologies of SDLC, quality management, change, and problem management
- Understanding of unit, functional, performance, and regression testing.
- Demonstrated skill in the areas of critical thinking and problem solving.
- High degree of discipline in designing and implementing solutions.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the following products: Cisco Unified Communications Manager 10.x and above, Cisco Unity, Cisco Voice Gateways / Gatekeepers, Cisco Cube, Expressway E+C, Jabber, WebEx and related collaboration technologies, deployed in on-premise, cloud, and hybrid models.
- Demonstrated experience in design / deployment of SIP trunk solutions in a large, enterprise setting.
- Demonstrated experience with various TDM and IP networking principles.
- Demonstrated expertise with LAN/WAN/MAN, telecom, network routing, Microsoft Exchange / Active Directory, and security concepts.
- Customer Service
- Building Relationships
- Business Knowledge / Organizational Acumen
- Self-Motivation/Self Starter
- Leading Self and Others