The Unified Communications (UC) Engineer is responsible for the design and delivery of UC technologies and solutions, including, but not limited to: global, integrated IPT infrastructure; instant messaging / presence; collaboration; and video conferencing. This role requires deep and broad experience designing and implementing solutions at an enterprise level to Allegis Operating Companies globally. It requires the ability to communicate clearly, deliver a high level of customer service, and think with the future in mind. Essential Functions:
- Develop and generate Systems Design Packages, to include conceptual, logical, and physical network architecture/designs and resulting artifacts, including documents and drawings, configuration policies and guidelines, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments to ensure a sound architecture.
- Research technological advancements to ensure that Unified Communication solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards as well as emerging business requirements
- Evaluate complex technologies to understand their potential vs. risk and make recommendations including both technical and business foundations
- Work with technology vendors and Procurement in vendor negotiations and selection as needed
- Contribute to the development, testing, distribution, and documentation of networking technologies and solutions, and conduct training / turn-over of engineered solutions to Service Operations Owners.
- Troubleshoots and demonstrates problem-solving skills in identification of the root causes of business performance and execution issues by using process and data analysis
- Escalate issues in timely and appropriate manner support, approval and/or resolution
- Availability to work extended, off-hours, based upon project requirements and Major Incident remediation situations.
- Occasional travel may be required to support project implementations (less than 10%).
- Interface with internal departments in the form of recommendations for technology selections, reporting for leadership decision making, mentorship for other business areas
- Work in conjunction with Domain and Enterprise Architects to maintain short and long term technology roadmaps and strategies
- Work in conjunction with DA and EA with strategy and the designing of on-premises solutions, such as CUCM, but not limited to. Cloud-based Solutions, Hybrid Solutions, and Contact Center Solutions as well as ensure scalability and cost-effectiveness
- Work in conjunction with the UC operations team to provide knowledge transfers, design packages, and act as an escalation