Unified Communications Sr. Principal Engineer - TS/SCI Required
Unified Communications Sr. Principal Engineer is responsible for the design and development of Unified Communications voice, video and Collaboration networks. Will work with Unified Communications Engineering resources to ensure proper delivery of functional systems and additionally assist in troubleshooting Unified Communications voice/video system clusters and endpoints. Quickly respond to issues regarding software application/hardware related issues, resolve on the spot problems. Able to replicate issues for internal analysis/diagnosis, and prepare/proofread technical documentation accurately depicting the problem and/or solution for feedback to developer/vendor and program.
- Analyzes Unified Communications voice, video and collaboration networks including Engineering, planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading systems and protocol suites
- Extensive knowledge of system coding to include but not limited to Scala source code, Java Script, Python, PHP, etc.
- Design, develop and execute Cisco collaborated endpoint technologies to include
- Cisco VoIP endpoints, Cisco Codecs, DX and RoomKits
- Collaborated Meeting Rooms (CMS)
- Cisco Unified Communications Call Manager (CUCM) version 11.5 or higher
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence (Jabber)
- Plans system updates and schedules outages. Configures systems and user environments
- Provides direction in the development of continued technologies, system engineering and tasking related to Unified Communications and other User Facing Services
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves system problems
- Knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Visio and other office suites
- Maintains current working knowledge of relevant system technologies
- Participates in special projects as required
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers
- Develop procedures and documentation for managing, deploying and implementing multiple baseline hardware/images and system updates
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or military /work experience
- Cisco CCNA Collaboration certified, CCIE certified (Desired)
- Knowledge of system coding to include but not limited to Scala source code, Java Script, Python, PHP, etc.
- 10-15 years of directly related experience in systems engineering and administration
- Unified Communications
- Call routing
- Jabber chat
- System level programming/scripting
- Cisco CCNA Collaboration, CCNP, CCIE
- DoD 8570 compliant
- End User IT Support Experience
- Thin Client using Virtual Desktop Interface Technology
- *Active TS/SCI Security Clearance Required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires Bachelors Degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommunications 4000 Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.