Role : Project Manager
Location : 1. 1st Avenue North St. Petersburg FL 33705
2. Tryon Street Charlotte NC 28285
Duration : 1+ Year(s) with possible Extension/Permanent
This position has single point accountability, or can possibly be under the general direction of a Project Director . The Project Manager position is responsible for the management, or the assistance of managing, all phases of project planning and execution to ensure all project success factors are met, including but not limited to scope, schedule, cost, quality, environmental, safety, communications, security, and integration.
This position typically is assigned to multiple “Green I” or “Green II” projects per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix. These projects are typically between $5M and $50M with a Low to Moderate level of complexity which may impact the facility or department level within the Company as well as some Senior Management and/or External Agencies. The PM serves as the unifying agent providing leadership, management, direction, coordination, and control of the overall project in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements of The Company.
This position will work closely with Distributed Energy Technology (DET) team to plan, estimate and deploy battery energy storage sites throughout service territory jurisdictions. This position will work closely with Transmission and Distribution field teams to complete battery site construction tasks and operationalize the battery systems. It is preferred that this candidate have experience or knowledge of utility scale battery technology, battery storage vendor products and systems, and electric utility operations.
This position is considered a leadership position; minimum qualifications must be met to be placed within this position. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business need.
The PM will be responsible for managing one or more BESS and Microgrid Deployment Projects. The PM will be responsible for the following activities:
- Create / Staff / Lead Project Team: Provide leadership, oversight management, delegation, and coordination to the various internal and external organizations that are providing services to the project (development, engineering, project controls, estimating, construction management, supply chain, legal, EHS, QA/QC, operations, communications, regulatory, security, fuels, transmission, etc.). The PM manages all matrixed members of the team on a daily basis and is responsible for interfacing with functional managers of team members, regarding placement, development and conflict resolution. Leads coordination with other projects to align project outputs and ensure resource availability across all projects (ex: multiple Battery Storage Site Deployments, Battery Storage Control System deployments, etc.)
- Plan the project (s) assigned to, including scope, schedule, cost, safety, and quality aspect of the project. Drive the process of project planning including scope definition, estimating, schedule formation and monitoring, cost control measures, procurement/contracting strategies, equipment selection, vendor selection, start-up and commissioning plans, and integration processes. This includes project planning and execution activities like scope definition, detailed design, construction, start-up and commissioning, turnover to operations, and warranty management.
- Execute projects according to Plan within designed scope, cost and schedule limits. Includes development and management of objectives, stakeholders, scope, roles and responsibilities, assumptions and constraints, deliverables, WBS, schedule, external communication, regulatory strategy, procurement strategy, contractor and supplier strategy, resource plan, budget, lessons learned, risk plan, quality plan, safety plan, environmental plan, security plan, integration plan, data management plan, communications and reporting plan, change management, and project close out. Ensure all objectives of the project are met as defined in the project charter and as approved through the project gating process.
- Drives organizational change associated to grid energy storage deployment. Supports or leads business process development efforts, business operations standards, safety standards, etc. Remains atop energy storage industry developments and standards and best practices, as well as vendors in the market.