Hilton's Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 5,000 team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton's commercial engine and are key to Hilton's ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior ASP.NET and VB.NET Developer, you will be a critically meaningful technical resource deployed within the context of business technology solution delivery projects to ensure overall stability and performance of our Distribution Services (DS) System. You will drive internal and external technology experts and vendors in deep-dive architecture reviews, makes technical development & design decisions to ensure the optimal outcome. You will use your strong technical expertise and analytical skills to works closely with the Distribution Services Director of Systems, Enterprise Architects and cross-functional teams to assess the architectural impact of business requirements on underlying Hilton Worldwide technology capabilities and platforms. You will also assist in identifying risks and issues with mitigations.in the specified regions.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide leadership in delivery of project and initiatives.
- Lead initiatives through the standard methodology from project approval to deployment.
- Lead internal and external partners in strategy/project initiation, architecture, requirements analysis, design, project management and systems integration activities.
- Partner with the DS Director of Systems and Project Managers to produce detailed use cases, data model and architectural roadmaps.
- Work with enterprise architects to build an integration layer to expose enterprise data to consuming applications.
- Design and implement DS and Global Sales initiatives.
- Design, evaluate and confirm hardware and network requirements for project and application needs.
- Review, evaluate and recommend functionality and processes to simplify development efforts.
- Work with the various internal IT groups to integrate solutions components (e.g., custom architecture, enterprise information), scope cost, timeline and understand implications on architecture.
- Provide guidance and technical leadership on software architecture and design to software development by referencing and implementing standard methodology and approach.
- Adhere to Enterprise Architecture standards for the company including class diagrams, data models, business domain models, sequence diagrams, use case models and collaboration diagrams.
- Generate acceptance test requirements with designers and end-users, to ensure all high level requirements are met.
- Write technical business documents such as software design specifications, system architectures and software requirements specifications.
- Develop accurate schedule and scope of effort estimates for complex software development projects.
- Assist in establishing procedures and processes in relation to the architecture group.
- Design, implement and lead SOA initiatives.
- Design and build APIs to expose enterprise data for next generation products.
- Review, evaluate and recommend tools including Open Source frameworks to simplify development efforts.
- Monitor industry trends and identifies best practices/methodologies to implement in-house.
- Implement directives by executive management to ensure the overall strategic direction of the architecture team is consistent with and supported by Human Resources, Legal and Finance.
- Work with all architecture departments and confers as appropriate with key stakeholders and departments so objectives are accomplished.
- Evaluate and streamline business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
- Provide direction to departmental team members and external development teams in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities and in achieving management objectives.
- Execute directives of organization's mission and demonstrates through ongoing and direct motivation, communication, and leadership of internal/external development teams.
- Manage third party partners. This includes identifying top vendor partners. You will participate in negotiations and monitor quality and cost of services.
- Assist in leading the overall architectural roadmap of Hilton technology platforms, object model, data model and best practices.
- Work within established departmental budget.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers who are passionate about growing market share in a dynamic industry and who love to combine their business insight with innovative technology. The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Work experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, VB.Net, ASP.Net, ADO.Net, SQL Server and SQL Reporting Services
- Commitment to effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Partners collaboratively across the organization to achieve company goals
- Aptitude for identifying and preventing potential problems while developing problem solving skills among fellow team members
- Organizational skills with a love for learning new systems and processes
- Strong work ethic that lends to working independently while indirectly leading the independent work of other team members
- Leadership skills that will aid in recognizing when to involve other teams or peers, effectively facilitating those partnerships
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of experience developing in both VB.NET and ASP.NET in an Object Oriented, multi-tier environment
- Five (5) years' experience in MS SQL server development
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Seven (7) years of development experience in VB/ASP.NET
- Five (5) years technical work experience in the Hospitality industry
- Two (2) years working in a software or solutions architect level role
- MCSD, MCSA, ITIL and PMP certifications
- Work experience with C#, C++, Java, Infragistics controls, Visual Source Safe and MS SharePoint
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!