San Antonio, TX
Responsible for unique or complex information systems and/or information technology tasks within more than one discipline in a VMware environment, such as application support, vCenter administration, software quality assurance/quality control, network telecommunications, and infrastructure operations of administration, analysis, engineering and design.
* Provide day to day administration and upgrade support for vCenter Servers and ESXi Hosts.
* Conducts analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of complex information technology tools.
* Handles user requests for system needs and upgrades that are unique or complex and often involve additional research.
* Troubleshoots and resolves unique or complex problems in an efficient manner.
* Propose and implement solutions that meet or exceed SLAs and proactively identify ways to improve infrastructure.
* Configure and manage virtual networks, storage, and virtual machine management.
* Schedules and performs system patching and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
* Performs root cause analysis and diagnostics on the more unique or complex production systems.
* Identifies opportunities for process improvements and works with team members to implement efficiencies.
* Effectively creates and maintains relevant systems documentation and user guides.
* Acts as a mentor to junior team members.
* Perform VMware component upgrades to remain in compliance with VMware Validated Design.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent relevant experience; Master's Degree preferred.
7+ years of experience in information technology, systems administration or other IT related field.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Knowledge of vRealize suite products that include vRealize Operations Manager, Log Insight, Automation, Orchestrator and Business.
* Knowledge of HP hardware and software that includes Integrated Lights Out, Onboard Administrator and Virtual Connect.
* Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex system hardware, software or networking related problems.
* Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and resolve technical problems individually and as a senior project participant.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
* Knowledge of VMware Validated Design.
* Advanced experience with administering a VMware environment using vCenter.