OBXtek is currently staffing for an open position of VMWare Engineer, SME on a Treasury Department contract in Washington, DC. The scope of task is to provide primary support (tier 1, 2, and 3) for operations of the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure. This includes HP hardware, VMware ESXi/vSphere system along with either the VMware View application or the Citrix Xen Product set (Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, and Citrix PVS).
Will keep system current with all required upgrades, patches and policies and to stay current with VA, VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft recommendations and best practices.
Work with engineers and IT staff to ensure Treasury is ready and secure.
Will also provide backup support for desktop services during periods of heavy load.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operation and maintenance of VMware Infrastructure based on vSphere ESXi, and Citrix XenDesktop
- Operation and maintenance of Storage Area Network Infrastructure based on HP Storage
- Configuration and administration of the above
- Technical lead for coordinating activities with Office of Information Technology (OIT) and concerned vendors (HP, VMware, Citrix)
- Review and validate component upgrades
- Monitor the storage performance, usage and allocated storage space
Must hold a current Top Secret Clearance with SCI access
Must be a US Citizen and all immediate family members and all members of your household must be US Citizens
- Exceptional problem solving and analysis skills with the ability to effectively troubleshoot resolve or escalate problems
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 7 & 10, Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, and 2016, Active Directory, and SQL Server
- Excellent understanding of virtualization covering the areas of maintenance and administration; performance monitoring and management; security; business continuity and disaster recovery; storage management, and patching
- Analyze performance metrics, ability to pinpoint areas of concern, and recommend corrective actions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact comfortably and effectively with senior managers
- Ability to write and present technical documentation, polices and business analysis
- Experience with HP hardware is highly desired MCSE/MCITP certification is highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience working in an Enterprise environment with Microsoft Systems and IT infrastructure experience
- Minimum 1 years Network Administrator experience with product such as HP Virtual Connect is desired
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with VMware products, specifically ESXi and vSphere.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP5-DCV, or higher) is required
- Minimum 1 year of experience or relevant training with Citrix Xen Product set (Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, and Citrix PVS)
- VMWare certification(s) and 5 years relevant experience (OR no certifications and 10 years relevant experience)