Provides ongoing technical support and maintenance of production and development systems and software products (both remote and onsite) and for configured services running on various platforms (operating within a defined operating model and processes). Provides hardware/software support and implements technology at the operating system-level across all server and network areas, and for particular software solutions/vendors/brands. Responsible for Level 2 intermediate level troubleshooting.
* Implements medium to high risk changes on production systems.
* Participates in the planning and designing of new platforms and integrating new technologies into existing infrastructure.
* Resolves Level 2 incidents affecting the operation/availability of production systems, through troubleshooting and implementing known fixes.
* Deploys standard repeatable build outs of medium complexity.
* Installs, configures, patches and maintains appropriate technologies (e.g. servers/databases/network/ storage/software solutions).
* Supports intermediate backup strategies and disaster recovery tests. Serves a resource to level 1 technicians on routine backup strategies and disaster recovery tests.
* Analyzes system performance indicators and recommends improvement actions.
* Assists with monitoring vendors' release notes and implements necessary upgrades and patches as required.
* Assists with creating and reviewing technical system recovery plans.
* Reviews the problem management register and identifies and implements actions.
* Installs and maintains third-party tools.
* Makes proactive suggestions for service improvements.
* Coaches less experienced staff in the supported products and best practice for production support.
Associate's Degree or equivalent relevant experience; Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field preferred.
2-5 years of experience in information technology, systems administration or other IT related field.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and products that include Microsoft Windows 7 & 8, Windows Servers, Microsoft Office and SharePoint 2013, Microsoft Lync 2013.
* Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria.
* Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve intermediate level system hardware, software or networking related problems.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Experience preferred with Citrix, SAN storage systems, VMware (vCenter).
- Knowledge and experience with VMware Validated Designs and processes;
- Knowledge and experience with vRealize Automation and vRealize Orchestrator to support automated VM deployments;
- Knowledge and experience with supporting HP hardware and interfaces such as iLOs, Onboard Administrators and Virtual Connects;