The primary purpose of this position is to lead team accountable for the research, development, and engineering activities that will result in new or improved products or technologies within Product Category. Drive a culture that is passionate about enhancing patient lives with a focus on integrity, continuous improvement, zero defects, accountability, personal development, respect for individuals and the desire to win and celebrate as a team.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Adheres to Integer Core Value and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Recruits, develops and leads technical team. Ensures core competencies exist within the organization. Develops succession plans and development plans to support this initiative.
- Leads core research activities in target areas. Provides superior project management of all research projects.
- Develops key pieces of intellectual property which provide a competitive advantage to the business. Assures accuracy and validity of scientific information.
- Leads all customer technical reviews and presents or provides technical information as required.
- Works collaboratively with internal functions. Actively participates and provides inputs into the Integer business unit strategy.
- Maintains an external network of key sources of credible scientific information including Universities. Participates in key science committees and advisory boards.
- Asserts strategic implications for the Company by delivering new knowledge or capability that ultimately spawns new products/processes that:
- Enable Integer to maintain technical leadership through conceptualizing, executing and implementing breakthrough technologies with understanding of the fundamental science behind these technologies;
- Become major revenue generators via proven innovation and commercialization processes and/or generate extraordinary value proposition to maximize profitability.
- Creates a strategic technology roadmap that permits the corporation to unleash its full potential.
- Develops a high performance strategic innovation team that thinks, acts, and influences the organization utilizing a common process, working toward a common goal, and that is in alignment with Integer's strategic direction.
- Builds the R&D talent bench, ensuring succession for key leadership and critical positions.
- Effectively manage budget and fiscal responsibilities
- Performs other duties as required.
Masters degree in a technical study. PhD desired.
15+ years experience in technical management in an R&D environment with a minimum 10 years related to business development, leveraging technology.
Experience in Medical Device Industry required. Must have previous experience in Vascular (or Orthopaedics, CRM/N, etc.) preferred.
Ability to partner with cross-functional organizations to successfully drive the business.
Must be a recognized technical leader with excellence in functional leadership.
Must be proficient in interpersonal, communication, presentation and collaborative team building skills.
Must be able to travel globally