Hargray’ s Mission – To Envision and deliver customer delight
Are you passionate about making a difference in people’s lives? Are you motivated to learn and connect people with cutting edge technology? Do you go the extra mile to provide customer delight?
Do you enjoy a fast-paced work environment where time flies, juggling multiple priorities? Then you should join the Hargray Communications team as a Video Programming Manager!
The Video Programming Manager is responsible for all aspects of the video content strategy, reporting and remittance, and programmer relationship management. Works closely with the Senior Video Product Manager and the senior leadership to align the video programming portfolio with strategic business goals while managing/ coordinating the efforts of cross-functional teams – including Network Engineering, IT, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal, etc. – to bring new products and product enhancements to market. Ensures compliance with contractual obligations and reporting requirements.
The job location will be Hilton Head Island, SC. We are also open to considering remote candidates willing to travel to SC based on the project needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains Hargray’s long term video content strategy and roadmap
- Manages the daily functions related to video programming, including linear services, on-demand, PPV, and OTT offerings
- Develops/Manages/Maintains channel lineups for all markets leading the implementation of any channel lineup changes (i.e., new channel launches and removals)
- Manages, tracks, and reports on monthly expenses and subscriber variances; assists in the budgeting process and monthly forecasting
- Manages programmer relationships and responds to programmer inquiries
- Assists with preparation for subscriber audits and settling contract/ invoice disputes
- Leads all aspects of contract negotiation (financial analysis and forecasting, contract drafting, security requirements, amendments)
- Manages and tracks revenue from advertising sales, upsell programs, VOD/PPV
- Guides product pricing and content strategy by monitoring industry trends and developing competitive market analysis
- Provides thought leadership and technical/development expertise for price adjustments and new product development.
- Manages content change implementation, including project plan creation, project risk assessment and mitigation, issue tracking, and resolution
- Works with Finance to create financial analysis and supporting business cases to determine market requirements relative to product price points, new bundles, and new features.
- Evaluates and modifies business processes and procedures to improve efficiency, reduce expenses, optimize profitability, and maintain budget adherence
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in the telecommunications/cable/satellite TV industry
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with intermediate to advanced functions with Microsoft Excel