For further inquiries regarding the following opportunity, please contact one of our Talent Specialists Harman | (630) 847 1397 and Vivek | (630) 847 1949
Virtualization Engineer (Hyper-V/VMWare)
Location: Deerfield,IL, 100% remote but travel will be required. Must be able to travel 30-40%
Duration: 2 months
Being fully vaccinated is a requirement for this position. Religious and Medical exemptions to be reviewed for accommodations
Will be flexible with hours for this contractor; The available position is 40 hours/week; but would also consider very strong candidates who may want to work part time non-standard hours or on an as needed basis. When submitting a candidate to this role please include the candidate's expectations for hours on the top of the resume.
Primary responsibilities: Provide expert network infrastructure troubleshooting guidance to Client internal and external customers. Develop and mentor Client teammates in key areas of expertise. Expand personal knowledge by learning new technologies beyond current skillset, e.g. wireless networking, virtual server infrastructure, Docker, Kubernetes, MicroK8s, IoT and other technologies as identified.
- Extensive experience and passion for troubleshooting network infrastructures, in addition to expert knowledge and experience in one or more of the following:
-Supporting large scale wireless infrastructures:
- Supporting virtual server environments VMware, Hyper-V, Red Hat KVM:
- Maintaining Linux servers and applications running in a Microservice Architecture, including Docker, Kubernetes and MicroK8s:
- Software development, parsing and mining structured/unstructured big data sets:
- Ideal candidates will possess knowledge in several of the preceding disciplines, enjoy expanding their knowledge by learning new skills, mentoring teammates individually or in a classroom, and have experience in the medical environment.
- You will be a key member of the Client's field service team providing advanced IT technical expertise in support of wired and wireless connectivity of medical devices within large scale hospital infrastructures.
- Your duties will range from providing networking and product guidance to Client colleagues to working independently or with customer IT resources troubleshooting end-to-end product connectivity issues, including those impacting data flow to the customer's EMR vendor.
- You must possess the interpersonal skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams consisting of internal/external, clinical and technical resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Resolves complex technical problems, requires little direction, prioritizes tasks, gives guidance to others. Advanced knowledge within area of functional responsibility.
1) Provide high level of technical support, as needed, and perform root cause analysis for problems experienced within area of functional responsibility.
2) Design, implement and support advanced and diverse technical solutions that address complex business requirements.
3) Mentor and/or lead other staff members within functional team.
4) Provide technical support and expertise on the technical components of both devices and gateways.
5) Guide customers on the implementation of security measures and controls in the clinical environment.
6) Assist the Sales Organization by attending technical discussions with prospective customers interested in Client medical devices
7) Remain up to date on new and emerging technologies within area of technical expertise and serve as resource to other Client employees.
8) Identify and implement process improvements in the architecture and/or infrastructure of existing systems
9) Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products and services offered to customers and prospective customers
10) Participate in development of installation and implementation processes, as well as training the implementation technicians
1) Ability to work effectively in a cross functional team environment.
2) Ability to work independently, under minimal direct supervision.
3) Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
4) Creativity in addressing technical challenges.
5) Technical depth or breadth in one or more systems environments and strategic technologies.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate's Degree and 5 years of work experience in networking support or Information Technology and Systems roles required.
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge preferred.
- Technical certifications such as but not limited to CCNA, CWNA, CWSP, Network , Linux preferred.
- Experience with HL7, JSON, MQTT and/or XML standards and previous experience with message structure, experience working in clinical environments and with Hospital systems (Cerner, Epic, Meditech, etc.) are a plus
About us: DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.