Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
Please note: This position cannot sit in Colorado.
As a Virtualization Engineer, you will work on a variety of projects in multiple different capacities, including but not limited to engineering, maintaining, automating, and documenting the company’s virtualization, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), storage, and software defined datacenter solutions. This position will collaborate closely with virtualization, storage, server operating system (Linux & Windows), DevOps and other information technology (IT) systems engineers in the areas of design and implementation, and will participate in defining and enforcing technical standards, policies and procedures based on best practices and business requirements. In addition, this position will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of process and system workflows, as well as IT architectural diagrams & documentation.
Your specific job duties will include:
1. Play a key role in the design, development and maintenance of infrastructure virtualization and automation systems, processes, and projects.
2. Identify departmental needs, make suggestions, and contribute to roadmaps regarding technical direction, future upgrades and technologies, and identify automation opportunities when appropriate.
3. Ensure the security, stability, and efficiency of tooling and processes supporting virtualization, IaaS, and hybrid cloud solutions, including the integration of on-premise and public cloud infrastructure.
4. Create and manage automation to deliver computer systems for the organization, including but not limited to hypervisors, virtual servers, containers, and multi-system clusters/platforms.
5. Design, develop, test, deploy, and document standards, conventions, templates, workflows, and automation that adheres to industry best practices and compliance requirements, while supporting a wide variety of business and technical use cases in a heterogeneous multi-platform technology environment.
6. Author effective and appropriate documentation as needed for a variety of technical and non-technical audiences and consumers. Required documentation may include regular status reports, standard operating procedures (SOP), product recommendations to management, solution/process design diagrams, knowledgebase articles, presentations, and how-to instructions for support staff and end users.
7. Effectively analyze and balance business requirements, technical considerations, and users' needs when responding to requests and developing solutions.
8. Effectively collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines, departments, and knowledge levels.
9. In all activities, ensure compliance with HIPAA and other regulatory requirements.
10. Demonstrate Company’s Core Competencies and the values held within.
11. Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data – this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
12. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• Minimum high school diploma along with five (5) years of experience in a related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Technical certifications and/or training are a significant plus
• Technical Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
o Strong knowledge of VMware software, including ESXi, vSphere, vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator, vRealize Operations and related tools/technologies required.
§ Experience deploying, maintaining, upgrading and automating vCenters, hosts and clusters on vSphere 6 and above
§ Experience developing and maintaining vRealize Automation/Orchestrator workflows and blueprints on version 8.x
§ Knowledge of VMware NSX, vSAN, Tanzu, and Cloud product lines
o Strong automation and scripting skills with Python, Powershell, or other language required
o REST API knowledge and experience required
o Appropriate knowledge of networking, server, security, disaster recovery, high availability, backup, monitoring, application, and database concepts and processes required
o DevOps and Infrastructure as Code knowledge and experience desired
o Experience designing, deploying, using, and maintaining Infrastructure and Platform as a Service (IaaS & PaaS) solutions desired
o Ansible playbook development experience desired
o Docker and Kubernetes containers deployment and orchestration experience desired
o Linux and Windows operation and scripting experience desired
o Knowledge of SDLC, GIT source control, deployment tools/processes, and CI/CD pipelines desired.
o Experience with other server & storage virtualization ecosystem tools, including but not limited to Zerto, ActiFio, ViPR Controller/SRM, HPE OneView and others a plus
o Azure and/or AWS experience a plus
o Experience with other virtualization and cloud platforms a plus
o Knowledge of SAN technologies, including Dell EMC UNITY & VMAX/Powermax, as well as SAN switches, zoning and provisioning processes a plus
o Knowledge of x86 server hardware a plus
o Experience with Converged and/or Hyperconverged Infrastructure solutions a plus
o Colocation Datacenter experience a plus
o Programming knowledge/experience a plus
• Principled, independent, self-motivated, and ethical
• Strong communication (verbal, written and listening), collaborative, interpersonal, leadership, and mentoring skills
• Strong logic, organization, technical, planning, prioritizing, time management and problem solving skills
• Ability to understand the business as it relates to the customer and customer requirements
• Ability to use software, hardware, and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Office
• Ability to maximize the use of the available technology, welcome new technology, and stay abreast of the latest technologies
• Ability to work independently as well within a team and with client users
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and coordinate multiple work activities and meet target deadlines
• Individual in this position must be able to work in a standard office environment which requires sitting and viewing monitor(s) for extended periods of time, operating standard office equipment such as, but not limited to, a keyboard, copier and telephone
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (low copay & deductible)
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) + match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Summer Hours
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.