The Software Engineer is a key member of the Digital Manufacturing team, within the Digital Plant organization, supporting the Syracuse manufacturing plant. The primary role of the Software Engineer is to provide engineering solutions for digitization of paper, data reporting, and analytic applications support with exposure to system hardware. The role will work closely with process experts from the Digital Plant team as well as Operations and Technical Manufacturing to develop specifications, implement hardware/software strategies, and test scripts while working safely and efficiently in a quality focused environment.
Client will provide training as necessary to enable skills in specific applications used to support this role.
- Create and execute digitization / reporting solutions to eliminate manual documentation from conception to completion.
- Partner with cross functional teams across the site to understand requirements, evaluate appropriate level of electronic documentation, and deliver solutions.
- Test software solutions to ensure accuracy and robustness of programming.
- Assist manufacturing and training groups onsite to build effective computer based training modules and procedure updates.
- Collaborate with third-party contractors, where necessary, to ensure user requirements are met.
- Provide training of automated solutions with operations staff to ensure understanding how the automated software programs functions as well as automation colleagues for support.
- Adhere to all plant safety procedures.
• SQL programming
• OPC Kepware or Matrikon configuration
• Understanding hardware like Ethernet, servers, thin client technology
- Bachelors of Science or equivalent experience in Information Management, Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- 3+ years of manufacturing industry experience.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft business applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Must be a hands-on individual, willing to take initiative, as well as ability to effectively work in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with SQL programming and OPC Kepware/Matrikon.
- Computing hardware and communication systems that include PCs, servers, thin clients as well as Ethernet infrastructure of LAN, VLAN, WAN, etc.
- Experience with failover, high availability, disaster recovery, and business continuity processes.
- Experience with control systems, such as PLC and DCS, a plus.
This 6+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Tim: email@example.com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #19-01433
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE