1. Hands on technical experience with Cisco, UCCX and VOIP Engineering
2. Scripting experience required
3.Ability to Implement and maintain network strategy projects and standards encompassing a wide range of transport topologies (WAN, LAN, WLAN)
4. Ability to work with vendors on solutioning/designing best strategies for the company.
The Network and Voice Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, and coordinating network projects and solutions as they relate to the global network and voice infrastructure. The Network and Voice Engineer is an essential member of the Global Network Architecture and Operations team within the IT Department.
This role requires excellent communications skills, both with team members and business contacts at different levels.
The Network and Voice Engineer will be responsible for performing a broad range of activities, including but not limited to:
* Design, Develop,Implement, Support and Troubleshoot Digital/Analog voice gateways, SBCs, collaboration endpoints and phones.
* Implement and support Unified Communication Suites like Cisco Unified Communications Manager, UCCX, Call Manager, Audiocodes, etc.
* Maintain and Support network security infrastructure globally including Firewalls and VPN/remote access, etc.
* Implement and maintain network strategy projects and standards encompassing a wide range of transport topologies (WAN, LAN, WLAN), advanced services (high availability, load-balancing, QoS, IP, MPLS, VoIP/IP Telephony) and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS,DHCP, IPSEC, BGP, OSPF & EIGRP)
* Leverage a best practices approach towards projects, implementations, and issues resolution
* Develop and implement network infrastructure optimization, security, technology road maps, and provide solutions to improve or remediate network reliability and/or performance issues
* Actively participate, provide and update project plans, documentation and diagrams across all accountable or assigned projects
* Coordinate all downtime and production impacting activities with the various stakeholders and respective IT teams
* Provide escalation support for network and/or network-related security issues as needed
* Contribute to developing a comprehensive network, voice and security monitoring solution and proactive notification of issues related to network up time, reliability and performance
* Provide responsible, timely, detailed status of assigned activities
* Define/adhere to IT standards, policies & procedures
* Ability to interact with all level of company personnel
* Effectively communicate with all individuals
* Escalate any impact or issues caused by network activities
* Maintain calendar of planned events and activities
* Provide consistent communication of all planned down times and activities
* 5+ years of experience as a Network Engineer with a demonstrated ability to play a significant role
* Experience in designing, managing and installing network and network security solutions for a global organization
* Hands-on experience working with Call Manager and voice gateways(Cisco Call Manager and AudioCodes)
* Experience with VoIP, SIP Trunks, ISDN, PSTN voice technologies
* Experience with Cisco or similar routing/switching technologies
* Actively holding a CCNP or VOIP certification is a plus
* Exemplary troubleshooting skills for complex, mission critical systems
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.