Vulnerability/Threat Specialist Mid
Security Clearance required: Active DOD Secret
US Citizenship Required
Location: Monterey, CA
Position Summary: The Vulnerability/Threat Specialist Mid will provide Cybersecurity support in a SOC environment. The SOC is responsible for the overall security of Enterprise-wide information systems and networks. The SOC's objectives are to protect, detect, respond, and recover from Information Security (IS) threats to the enterprise and associated systems. The SOC is chartered to prevent, detect, contain, and eradicate cyber threats through monitoring, intrusion detection, and protective security services to information systems. The SOC also conducts vulnerability assessments, analyzes cyber threats, monitors the email gateway, and collects information on and investigates and reports on all confirmed or suspected security incidents.
- Review trouble tickets generated by Tier 1.
- Leverage emerging threat intelligence (Indicators of Compromise, updated rules, etc.) to identify affected systems and the scope of the attack.
- Review and collect asset data (logs, configurations, running processes, etc.) on these systems for further investigation.
- Determine and direct remediation and recovery efforts.
- May manage and configure security monitoring tools (SIEM, IDS, Firewall, Access Control Lists, etc.) to mitigate existing threats / vulnerabilities.
- Support a 24/7 Security Operations Center with varied Shifts
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in incident detection and response, malware analysis, or cyber forensics
- Must hold at least one certification as required by Dept. of Defense (DoD) 8570.01-M and Department of Defense Directive 8140.01, IAT Level II or Higher
- Must Have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field.
- Must have extensive experience working with various security methodologies, standard operating procedures, processes and workflows
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Experience configuring and implementing various technical security solutions, extensive experience providing analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices
- Must possess knowledge of the following areas related to cybersecurity:
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Intrusion Prevention and Detection
- Access Control and Authorization
- Policy Enforcement
- Application Security
- Protocol Analysis
- Firewall Management
- Incident Response
- Web filtering
- Advanced Threat Protection
- Experience with the following: JIRA (Atlassian issue tracking system), Palo Alto Firewall, SNORT IDS, AlienVault SIEM, Barracuda Mail Spam / Virus Firewall, and HBSS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.