LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
Responsible for materials handling at the Edison facility including loading and unloading of vehicles, movement of raw materials to production building, preparation of customer orders and stenciling/marking of drums.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Accountable for personal safety, the safety of fellow employees and contractors, and for promoting a safe work environment. Ensure that housekeeping and hazard communication standards are maintained.
- Unloads bulk raw material tank trucks, loads bulk waste tank trucks and loads and unload incoming trucks.
- Transports materials within plant using forklift.
- Stencils/labels finished products to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Performs daily inspections, RCRA, preload, forklift, DPCC, etc.
- Performs inventory counts of finished products and raw materials.
- Prepares products for shipment to customers including special marking of containers, checking labeling and stenciling for compliance with DOT regulations. Signs paperwork to confirm materials have been loaded on the vehicle in accordance with delivery ticket.
Roles & Responsibilities (cont.)
- Receives returned cylinders, unloads, inspects and prepares documentation for data entry.
- Prepares customer orders for shipment.
- Supplies raw material to production building, weighing if required.
- Maintains waste drum movement in plant including supplying production units with necessary drums.
- Supplies water, paper, etc. to the specified areas in the plant and moves boxes and other items from the office to assigned areas, e.g. archive of old documentation.
- Prepares waste shipments in accordance with the compliance plan.
- Assists in the training of new Warehouse Operators or other employees as determined by the company.
- Warehouse operators will be expected to work with lumber, cutting lumber with a shop saw and installing lumber bracing using a pneumatic nail gun.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
- Understands and helps implement the Site's Quality Policy and the Continuous Improvement Process (CIP).
- Is fully aware of all position-specific quality assurance responsibilities.
Roles & Responsibilites (cont.)
- Understands and helps implement the Edison Site Environmental Policy and Objectives.
- Is aware of potential environmental impacts within this position's area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
- Understands and implements any parts of the Edison Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that applies to this position's area of responsibility.
- Participates in the Site's on-going Pollution Prevention Process.
HEALTH AND SAFETY SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and helps implement the Site's Safety Policy.
- Actively participates in site's health and safety programs.
- Understands and complies with all health and safety rules.
- Routinely demonstrates safe work practices.
- Attends all required health and safety related meetings and training sessions.
- Corrects or reports all non-conforming conditions.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: 3 to 5 years' experience as Warehouse Operator (external hires)
- Continuous Improvement Process
- Forklift training
- Computer systems
- Process Safety
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey