Job Title: Web Application Developer
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Job Type: Contract
Hotel Ads is a Google Travel product with a mission to be the trusted place where travelers go for the most useful information to make fast, effortless decisions. The gTech (Google Technical Services) Hotels team supports this fast-growing product and its partners from onboarding and ongoing feed health maintenance to feature adoption and optimization opportunities. We are conducting a direct integration pilot with Rakuten's travel search API. You'll build an application to support real-time pricing and availability lookups for Rakuten's hotels.
- Write design doc and develop adapter solution to translate standard Live Query requests to Rakuten's API
- Write custom code for production use by Google
- Manage partner communication and integration expectations.
- Provide documentation for troubleshooting and maintaining API integration
- Verify the partners readiness for technical integration on RoomBundles, Multi-occupancy querying
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or related quantitative field or equivalent practical experience; in lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience in web applications development
- Experience in one or more programming languages.
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Solid understanding of Internet technologies, such as SQL, HTML, Cookies, XML, JSON, CSV along with basic knowledge of URL, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL and locales
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external)
- Strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership. Able to independently provide technical solutions to business challenges.
- Experience working in Linux, BSD, or UNIX environment.
- Strong commitment to quality, architecture, and documentation.
- Experience with unit testing, agile project development, and bug and change management systems.
- Ability to multitask, set priorities and work efficiently in a high-paced environment