This client is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail-oriented Web Developer (PHP/Drupal) to join our dynamic team. If you want to learn, grow, and help then this is the job for you. We support a project/customer that 'seeks to better understand, treat, and ultimately prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic disease seeks fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to enhance health, lengthen life, and reduce illness and disability.' What you do matters and has significant impact on the medical and scientific communities we serve. Your work here really matters and has real impact.
- Work with a team of web and application developers, for a company that is rapidly expanding in the area, to support web sites and online applications for a government research institute.
- Work quickly and carefully to complete work on both small and larger projects, collaborate with colleagues, and suggest new solutions to improve existing websites.
- Meet daily with colleagues to discuss goals for the day and week, collaborate with colleagues when needed, work independently on web change edits and coding and review work by colleagues.
- Communicate with customers, document work/time details in job tracking system, investigate and learn emerging technologies, and be flexible to change your priorities if the customer's priorities change.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline.
- 3-4 years of working experience in Web Development.
- Drupal 8 site building experience and strong familiarity with both front-end and back-end; required.
- Strong knowledge of PHP programming language; required.
- Working knowledge of responsive design and basic image editing.
- Skills in Version Control, interactive media and an understanding of typography & layout is highly desired.
- Basic knowledge of usability & 508 compliancy.
- Working experience with databases (Oracle or SQL).
- Strong skills in versioning control (subversion, git) are highly desired.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizens or Permanent Residents preferred.