UPS is seeking a dynamic Database/Web Developer to develop and support applications and reports for Supply Chain Solutions (SCS) Operations and numerous groups within Global Logistics Business Unit. If you’re passionate about building quality websites, internal web tools, and web applications we would like to meet you. As a Database/Web Developer, you’ll collaborate with our teams to develop functional applications, while working in a fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you are striving to be able to build the next generation of our website and web applications.
The Database/Web Developer gathers and documents business requirements, designs, codes, tests, implements, and supports applications solutions of low to moderate complexity consistent with user requirements. This position collaborates with individuals and teams in order to deliver agreed upon outcomes.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluate the end-user needs while designing and creating new web applications; build, maintain and offer technical support for custom built web applications.
- Performs and completes specific programming activities (e.g., macros, web development, etc.) to deliver routine programs for supporting business functions
- Develops and maintains software, databases, dashboards, reports and spreadsheet tools to assist Global Logistics Business Unit
- Supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle
- Responds to ad hoc reporting and analysis requests
- Conducts audits to identify compliance concerns
- Maintains data within supported applications as required and synthesizes information
- Identifies and corrects problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing
- Work independently and collaboratively with other resources to support business functions
- Code, test, debug, and document projects including technical and user level documentation
- Maintain thorough knowledge of web standards, technologies and trends
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates some advanced knowledge of database design principles; works with users to define requirements with minimal oversight from others; defines user rights; describes security measures, such as passwords, firewalls, and access rights based on user requirements; describes information organization, such as classes, links, records, and fields.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of internal and external research to the business; works with others to describe needed information, such as stakeholder perspectives, productivity levels, trends, best practices, etc.; demonstrates a general understanding of research methodologies.
- Follows standard guidelines to update existing standards; provides input into developing data standards with some assistance from others; reviews customer data to ensure consistent and widespread use of data standards.
- Investigates incidents and responds to requests, problems crises and critical situations. Identifies causes, documents findings, and determines responses/next steps.
- Summarizes or integrates information for routine problems or issues with oversight from others; may make recommendations based on the information summarized; identifies inconsistencies in or limitations of information and documents findings
- Experience designing and building web applications - Preferred
- Possess a technical or vocational web design certificate - Preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SQL for data retrieval, data manipulation and the creation and modification of database objects - Preferred
- Experience with C#/.NET, ASP.NET, VB.NET, PHP - Preferred
- Experience with HTML5 - Preferred
- Experience with Power BI - Preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Development - Preferred
- Experience with Agile development methodology - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law