Leidos is looking for a Web Developer to work on improvements and redesign efforts associated with a language learning site and more generally with the overall consistency and standardization of the Learning Enterprise’s (LE) web presence on foreign language-related content. This position is located in the Northern Virginia area and requires a TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
The Web Developer’s duties shall include identifying requirements for improving the language site, redesigning the website to meet today’s needs, working on a web strategy with other members of the web team in order to standardize LE’s overall web presence so that the language site and other sites the enterprise uses to engage students are unified and have similar functionality. Because LE and its offerings are constantly changing, the language website is a dynamic product that requires constant attention. In addition to the duties outlined above, the candidate shall:
• Adhere to security policies and procedures regarding the use of onsite systems, equipment, facilities, and infrastructure.
• Work with various levels of team members and managers to identify requirements and develop action plans.
• Utilize LE’s in-house automated project tracking tool and weekly meetings to track, communicate, and manage all tasks and projects to ensure all assigned tasks are completed on or before the established due date.
• Work with production manager to coordinate resources, prioritize activities, and ensure quality and timely products.
• Archive final projects in accordance with office-designated standards.
- Typically requires a Bachelors Degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with 10 -13 years of prior relevant experience. May posses a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Demonstrated experience in graphic design combined with interactive multimedia development/front-end design/programming.
- Demonstrated experience with designing in, and integrating elements from, the Adobe Creative Cloud suite or other compositing packages
- Demonstrated experience creating strong visual design skills, including use of typography, composition, and color using the Adobe Creative Cloud suite or other compositing packages
- Demonstrated experience implementing user-centric interactive design and web standards.
- Demonstrated experience developing mock ups, user flows, storyboards, and prototypes to effectively communicate web design.
- Demonstrated experience generating cohesive, desirable design based on holistic consideration of the users.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and communicating project status, interdependencies, and managing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work across multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated experience with web Content Management Systems, such as WordPress.
- Demonstrated experience with project-tracking software to communicate, coordinate, prioritize, and complete projects on schedule.
- Demonstrated familiarity with strategies for online learning and its delivery platforms.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.