We are currently hiring for a Web Developer for our front end playback controls on a proprietary Video Management system.
What You'll Get to Do:
Develop video management and access control software applications.
Under general supervision, apply theories and principles of computer science, engineering, and technologies to create, test, and evaluate software applications and systems. Based upon analysis of requirements and technical direction, apply a systematic approach to create the design characteristics of components. Implement, test, and debug software to conform to requirements and design.
Software Development Activities:
- Analyze requirements and decompose high-level requirements into low-level and implementation requirements based upon understanding of business applications and engineering principles.
- Perform design, code, and test of software solutions and algorithms for video technologies and access control applications based upon requirements and direction from more senior technical staff.
- Employ software engineering methods and practices to create artifacts and documentation for the implementation and support of software products to convey an engineered solution to other developers and engineers.
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to the software development process.
Software Support Activities:
- Maintain deployed software modules to ensure software system workflows are optimal.
- Provide necessary development support to resolve bugs and issues.
- Work with Quality Assurance, Technical Support, and other developers to resolve bugs and issues.
- Independently resolve customer complaints with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
Documentation, Collaboration, Coordination and Training:
- Support the creation of documentation, which may include user manuals, help documentation, tool tips, and training material.
- Work with technical staff to learn and understand problems with software.
- Make suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements.
What You'll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience developing software in a professional or commercial environment, preferably in an agile scrum organization.
- Experience participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle including requirements, design, coding, and testing.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and/or VB.NET programming languages in a Windows environment.
- Experience developing Software Development Kits (SDKs) and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Solid experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and TFS.
- Experience integrating with third party software and hardware is a plus.
- Knowledge of Test Automation is desirable.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.