Web Developer Summary:
- Assist front-end developers, Information and User Experience Architects and Visual Designers to translate designs into functional internet applications, websites, and other browser-based tools.
- Implement front-end and middle-layer enhancements to websites designed to increase website conversions, improve site performance, optimize enhancements for search engines, and drive consumer/customer loyalty.
- Adheres to web development standards for the development team from front-end to middle-layer.
- Create accurate time estimates and development plans for upcoming projects; reviews and validates estimates and development tasks from team members.
- Follow the enterprise SDLC standards and procedures as outlined.
- Experience with Mobile development for iOS/Android (Cordova).
- Mentor junior level developers to help grow all SDLC skills including analysis, design, estimation, development, testing, etc.
- Work with Development Manager to establish best patterns, practices, and standards as new technology arises.
- Work on multiple concurrent projects and participate in the entire software development lifecycle.
- Understand common development delivery methodologies such as Agile and Scrum, and able to match methodologies to meet business needs.
- Leverage industry best practices to design user experiences that support the full range of leading-edge available technologies.
- Create technical documentation and code comments based on industry standards.
- Report to the Director of Development and provide regular input on all projects, including status and updates on a weekly basis.
- Provide Quality Assurance and Enterprise Architecture resources to support the corporate governance process.
- Support the company's safety program.
- Support the company's harassment-free work environment policy.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor or Associate's degree in computer or technical-related field with courses and training in web design, usability, and development or equivalent experience.
- Clear and consistent experience participating in the design and leading the development of search engine optimized ecommerce experiences and web applications
- Good understanding of a broad range of development languages and frameworks including but not limited to CSS3, XML, jQuery, XHTML, HTML5, cross-browser accessibility.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or other graphics programs a plus.
- Experience with the Microsoft and Java/Oracle Suite of Design Tools a plus.
- Strong ability to hand-code if necessary without using a WYSIWYG editor.
- Ability to develop in .NET with Java and Perl experience a plus.
- Good understanding of back-end development and integration with front-end design.
- Good knowledge of web server applications.
- Ability to develop and integrate new sites with open source applications.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and deliver results in a timely manner
- Strong organizational skills and dedication to quality.
- Excellent customer service abilities.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently on projects.
- The ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Continuous sitting, typing, writing, vision and hearing (or modified communication).
- Frequent walking and talking.
- Occasional bending or stooping.
- Work environment is office atmosphere, quiet conditions.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.