SNI Technology seeks a Back-End Web Developer to support the Tri-Services Automated Cost Engineering Systems (TRACES) contract. The Back-End Web Developer will join the team in developing cost engineering software for a large scale database. The Back-End Web Developer will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and users. The Back-End Web Developer will focus on developing of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. A basic understanding of front end technologies is necessary as you will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by coworkers into the application.
Essential functions will include:
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business, or other related field, or equivalent experience is required.
- Five years (5) applicable software development experience is required.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS, is required.
- An understanding of accessibility and security compliance is required.
- Experience with user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments, is required.
- Prior experience of integrating of multiple data sources and databases into one system is required.
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes is required.
- Prior experience with data migration, transformation, and scripting; setup and administration of backups and outputting data in different formats is also required.
- Must understand the differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Must have experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Must have implemented automated testing platforms and unit tests in past positions.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, JIRA, VSTS, TFS is required.
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles is required.
- Must understand 'session management' in a distributed server environment.
- Must possess an understanding of other Microsoft Technology Stacks used by TRACES; Azure Gov, Service Fabric, SQL AZURE, SSIS, SSRS, Azure Scheduler and Azure Blob.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.