WebSphere Engineer Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a WebSphere Engineer for an opportunity in Richardson, TX. The WebSphere Engineer will be providing middleware administration duties for online banking and eCommerce platforms, end-to-end, including WebSphere, jBoss, Apache, IBM HTTP Server, SOLR, and WXS (extreme scale cache).
- Delivering middleware enterprise projects and regulatory legislative initiatives
- Ensuring production stability from an ongoing support standpoint
- Ensuring middleware platforms are patched with the most current version of software, helping to manage risk to the customer
- Providing WebSphere Application Server administration that includes server installation, configuration, performance tuning and production support
- Working with customers (application teams and/or testing teams) on a daily basis and providing WebSphere and Java support
- Serving as a J2EE architect and making recommendations on J2EE best practices in application development
- Designing WebSphere infrastructure and WebSphere topology design for high availability and failover capability
- Providing technical consultation to other team members and their supported areas
- Communicating with business partners at an enterprise level
- Interfacing with internal customers and external vendors for consultation at various points of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Executing production changes for 2nd regulatory releases with precision.
- WebSphere/jBoss/IBMHttpServer/Apache Middleware administration.
- Knowledge of shell, jython and Perl scripting.
- Information Technology professional with 5-7 years' experience
- Bladelogic toolset expertise
- Expertise with AppDynamics
- Java/Container framework knowledge
- Expertise with Ansible
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.