San Antonio, TX [Fairgrounds]
Own integrity and governance of a system/software solution, including best practices for delivering services. Develop, deploy and support infrastructures, applications, software solutions and technology initiatives from an architectural and operational perspective in conjunction with existing standards and methods of delivery. Support technical escalation of L3/advanced issues for problem resolution. Apply deep knowledge of industry standards and vendor certifications.
This resource will be primarily responsible for installing, supporting and maintaining servers or other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems. In addition, this resource will perform periodic scripting/programming of their particular system, throughout the life of the project. Duties include providing hands-on analysis of issues, issue reporting, and incident management.
- Monitors and supports the complex information technology and systems infrastructures.
* Conducts analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of complex information technology tools.
* Handles user requests for system needs and upgrades that are unique or complex and often involve additional research.
* Troubleshoots and resolves unique or complex problems in an efficient manner.
* Implements various applications of a highly complex nature.
* Administers and runs complex tests on operating system and related software.
* Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
* Performs root cause analysis and diagnostics on the more unique or complex production systems.
* Identifies opportunities for process improvements and works with team members to implement efficiencies.
* Effectively creates and maintains relevant systems documentation and user guides.
* Acts as a mentor to junior team members.
* Applies scripting methodologies to automate IT Admin related tasks.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent relevant experience; Master's Degree preferred.
7+ years of experience in information technology, systems administration or another IT related field.
Other Job Specific Skills
- Experience in IBM WebSphere MQ administration
* Knowledge of Queue Management
* Familiarity with high availability configuration (i.e. Queue Manager Clusters, Shared Queues, and Multi-Instance Queue Managers).
* Experience with Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 preferred
* Operate and maintain WebSphere MQ as a Queue Manager to handle storage, timing issues, triggering, and all other non-movement of data functions.
* Support patching, maintenance and related troubleshooting activities.
Must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes #CJPost