Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Adheres to Integer's Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Develops new or makes improvements to existing weld equipment or processes verifying proper operation.
- Plans, researches, and conducts experimental investigations to develop and test new processes and procedures.
- Reviews and evaluates welding materials relying on metallurgical principals.
- Procures, installs, designs and constructs laser-machining centers.
- Defines process equipment requirements, working in cooperation with welding engineers, manufacturing engineers and others to write procurement specifications.
- Investigates methods for joining new materials and combinations of materials.
- Identifies potential processes based on sound engineering principles. Investigates root cause of chronic production problems, participating as required to implement and follow-up.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment.
- Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data.
- Recognizes discrepancies in results and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Reviews test procedures and plans prior to implementation, conducts failure analysis and inspection on products, processes and materials.
- Investigates, develops and implements new process technologies of moderate scope.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Minimum Experience: 0-3 years of experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Special Skills: Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Specialized Knowledge: Computer skills as required by stated accountabilities. Basic word-processing and spreadsheet skills. Problem solving skills.