Must be able to work onsite in Blaine, MN
Job Title: Windows 10 Migration Technician
Location: Blaine, MN
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 5+ Months
- We are looking for Windows 10 Migration Technician to help support our Windows 10 project.
- Our ideal candidate will bring seasoned experience from prior Windows 7 to Window 10 deployments.
- In addition, the candidate will interact with employees on a daily basis and must have sharp organizational and communication skills in order to schedule customer visits and meet the target time given to complete tasks.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize, manage and track logistics for deployments across North America. This includes maintaining organized, notes and reporting.
- Complete, Validate and/or troubleshoot Data Migration from old pc to new pc.
- Test and clean PCs, laptops and other related hardware as needed.
- Maintain, analyze, and troubleshoot software and computer peripherals as needed during the upgrade.
- Set up, configure and add all required hardware during upgrade.
- Restore all user and configuration data from user's backup.
- Migrate from Local domain to Global domain with script.
- Provide resolution of end user's technical issues post migration.
- Provide technical support to end users via telephone or desk side after migration as needed.
- Assure that all tickets requiring follow up work and/or calls are resolved to closure within target.
- Assist in researching and documenting improvements to processes upon discovery.
- Assist coworkers in resolution of end users' technical issues post migration.
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Resolve technical issues and challenges quickly and effectively with minimal disruption to the Executives.
- Maintain confidentiality in supporting and improving executive level needs.
- Analyze technology issues and trends, determine root causes and troubleshoot for resolution.
- Setup conferencing equipment and test audio/video quality prior to meetings.
- Provide feedback, quality assurance, and user acceptance testing for technology products and services.
- Responsible for maintenance of accurate inventory.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies, and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Management Guidelines. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Create and edit technical documentation.