IT Support Technician (Windows 10)
Contract to Hire
As an IT Support Technician, you will provide a single point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance for their Windows 10 devices. Our health insurance client is undergoing an enterprise migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, encompassing over 15,000 end users. You will be responsible for working closely with the end users, project manager and other support technicians to ensure the migration is accomplished and post-upgrade support is provided.
- Responsible for providing phone and desk side support for Windows 10 devices, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, developing procedures, and documentation.
- Handle complex, non-routine and escalated systems administration tickets and tasks
- Develop and maintain operational processes and procedures
- Assist other IT areas supporting issues on infrastructure devices
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware and software issues according to documented procedures
- Ensure accurate asset management and tracking
- Strong support in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Ability to move equipment and files weighing up to 50 lbs. is required as well as the ability to bend/kneel frequently while working with equipment
- Experience with support and understanding of Office 365
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work quickly and independent with minimal supervision
- Work well in a team environment
- Professional experience supporting Windows 10 PCs
- Minimum of 1 year prior work experience in a high-pace desktop support setting
- Experience with Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
- A+ or other IT certifications are preferred, but not required
- Exposure to SCCM
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.