Role: Windows Device Management Engineer II
Windows Device Management Engineer is a core technical resource on the Workforce and Experience Support platform team responsible for the architecture design, development, maintenance, administration, and continuous improvement of solutions in client's Workforce Experience and Support platform. This position is accountable for the technical components of the platform strategy and life cycle and will be expected to deliver incremental business value in an agile environment. The Engineer II - Windows Device Management must be a multi-faceted technologist able to build business-value based objectives and perform 'hands on' development and configuration within the Workforce Experience and Support system.
Technical Responsibilities & Design and architecture
- Ensure sound integration, data, security, and business architecture design throughout all stages within the capability (platform) life cycle.
- Lead the implementation of information security requirements in order to meet user's defined outcomes within one or more customer/employee journeys.
- Lead design and development of proof-of-concepts or minimum viable products as well as architecture design and technology evaluation artifacts.
- Drive reuse of common services defined by client enterprise architecture standards.
- Provides oversight and governance of client technology standards and frameworks for assigned systems and platforms.
- Participates in development of Enterprise Engineering and Architecture Standards and Practices as required
- Establish the technical framework for the capability (platform) strategy and life cycle
- Work with the capability (platform) manager to define business-value based objectives and user stories for upcoming sprints
- Develop innovative solutions, taking into consideration performance, scalability, and availability with realistic implementation schedules.
- Guide business and/or capability (platform) managers with investment and budget decisions based on the portfolio of tools needed to accomplish a desired outcome.
- Investigate new technologies and make recommendations to capability (platform) managers regarding potential usage.
- Collaborate with the capability (platform) manager during complex discussions with business stakeholders, vendors, or technology, particularly when determining the technical requirements/capabilities needed to meet business goals.
- Provide critical input to other capability and platform teams as needed to ensure alignment with broader ITS strategic objectives.
- Drive the continuous improvements of implementation methodology and service offerings based on customer/employee experiences.
- Work to streamline processes, with the goal of speeding delivery to the customer, while balancing risk management objectives.
- Work with developers, administrators, and support staff to analyze incident trends & underlying system problems to identify incremental improvement opportunities that support/drive key business value drivers.
- Follows ITS Disaster Recovery (DR) policy and standards.
Technical Leadership / Active Practitioner
- Participate in a Community of Interest for engineers across all capability (platform) teams to share information and strengthen understanding of business needs and technology-based business solutions.
- Serve as the technical liaison and subject matter expert in business interactions.
- Provide level 2' or 3' support and problem management guidance for the capability (platform) team. Domain Responsibilities
- Responsible for the full stack of the windows-based desktop environment
- Accountable for the organization's windows-based desktop image and standards
- Responsible for the life cycle management of Windows OS, ensuring a practical approach to maintaining a common version of software across all desktops in the environment
- Architect and implement modern desktop and mobile device management (MDM) solutions using Windows 10, MEM (ConfigMgr and In-tune)
- Design, develop and implement modern security solutions leveraging Microsoft Defender ATP, In-tune, OMS and Device Health
- Responsible for vendor monitoring and performance for applicable outsourced functions
- Working with existing vendors to evaluate the new technology available and to provide management recommendations on how to use this technology
- Collaborate and support Workforce Delivery Leads with the roll-out of ITS services/offerings
- Support, diagnose, and troubleshoots technical IT issues as they arise
- Performance monitoring of the company's desktop infrastructure and making suggestions to increase efficiency
- Assist to identify and resolve application and operating system issues that hinder user productivity
- Demonstrates design thinking and or customer experience concepts throughout their work product
- 10+ years of IT experience and Mobile Device Management expertise
- Experience in enterprise architecture practices, frameworks, and methodologies
- A demonstrated ability to work within a team and build consensus towards a technical direction
- Strong technical expertise in executing proofs of concept and experimentation with development teams
- Technology delivery experience through concept, development, validation, deployment, and support
- Product evaluation through RFI/RFP including working with vendors and internal stakeholder groups
- An understanding of external cloud hosting providers including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
- Solution Architecture experience with projects using Agile and Iterative approach
- Background in Windows Desktop Deployment and Management
- Experience in Modern Endpoint Management/Windows Servicing Model
- Design and deployment of solutions with SCCM and In-tune
- Understanding of application rationalization, packaging and distribution
- Device compliance monitoring and reporting
- Security Patch Management