Windows Engineer Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a Windows Engineer for an opportunity in the Chicago, IL area. The Windows Engineer plays a critical role in engineering, design, maintenance, installation, and troubleshooting of the Windows Platform. He or she is responsible for Windows Server administration, Active Directory, Windows Clustering, Windows DFS and Work in Secondary platforms such as DNS, VMWare, Nutanix, UCS, and HPE Synergy.
- Project Management
- Systems Integration
- Business Process Improvement
- Capacity Planning
- Customer Service Support
- Administration of a Windows Environment
- Experience with Microsoft server security and hardening servers
- Experience with Java and .Net applications
- Experience in GCP and Azure
- Working knowledge of Hardware platforms (HPE, UCS, Nutanix, EMC Storage)
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure Services AD, DNS, DHCP etc.
- Ability to learn, test and implement new technologies and methods
- Ability to work with team members from a variety of disciplines
- Ability to contribute to automation of Infrastructure (Powershell, BigFix and Ansible)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
- 4+ years of progressive IT engineering experience, including Windows and Hardware Platform Administration.
- Strong experience in Windows Administration,
- Demonstrate decision making, problem solving and analytical skills with particular attention given to detail and accuracy
- Strong team player with proven experience to collaborate with other server, network, storage engineers and administrators
- Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
- Able to follow-up, follow through and deliver quality and timely results
- Able to prioritize workloads and adjust schedule to meet deadlines
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing technologies and apply them to evolving business needs
- Off-Hours support including 24x7 on-call required
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the eighth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 26 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.