Carries out moderately complex information systems and/or information technology tasks within more than one discipline, such as application support, database administration, software quality assurance/quality control, software engineering, network telecommunications, and infrastructure operations of administration, analysis, engineering and design.
- Monitors and supports the information technology and systems infrastructures.
* Conducts moderately complex analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of information technology tools.
* Serves as the back up to respond to user requests for system needs and upgrades or handles request that are more complex.
* Troubleshoots and resolves moderately complex problems in an efficient manner with little to no supervision.
* Implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters.
* Administers, runs tests on, and maintains operating system and related software.
* Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
* Performs root cause analysis, diagnostics, and monitoring on various production systems.
* Identifies opportunities for process improvements and works with team members to implement efficiencies.
* Effectively create and maintain relevant systems documentation and user guides.
* Apply scripting methodologies to automate IT Admin related tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of IT experience
- Active Secret clearance required
Other Job Specific Skills
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Windows Servers.
* Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria.
* Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve more complex system hardware, software or networking related problems.
* Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and resolve technical problems individually and as a project participant.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Experience SAN storage systems, cloud technologies, and/or VMware is a plus.