SNI Technology's client is actively looking to hire a Windows System Administrator for an exciting direct-hire opportunity located in the Denver Tech Center!
Top Things Needed:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) 2003, MCTS in Virtualization or equivalent is required
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft operation systems, including Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012, and the deployment thereof.
- Demonstrate an overall knowledge of data center technologies, including TCP/IP networking, SANs, backup systems, and data center facilities management.
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages, such as VB-Script and PowerShell for data center automation
A typical day for this role would be creating or troubleshooting accounts in Office 365, planning, upgrading and building an application or server or building and troubleshooting issues within our wired or wireless infrastructure. We manage day to day tasks and projects that support our staff and business needs.
The Windows System Administrator will assist in the design, implementation, configuration, and management of critical information systems for the company, including server, storage, security and virtualization infrastructure. This position will design infrastructure components to support the growth of the business and meet security, compliance and availability requirements.
This position participates in the development and administration of infrastructure strategy, technical standards, process automation and performance analysis. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve technical issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Design, implement, and maintain Palo Alto, Aruba, and Cisco networks using standard protocols and best standards
- Design, implement and administer Active Directory Group Policies and company security policies
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backups and other recovery processes in accordance with the company's policies and procedures
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Collaborate with infrastructure staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system architecture, integration design, system configuration, and technology roadmaps
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
- Provide 24x7 support and problem resolution for infrastructure and operational issues and escalation of application issues to the development team
- Monitor performance and capacity of all components supporting the applications
- On-call Rotation is required
Qualifications & Skills:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) 2003, MCTS in Virtualization or equivalent required
- University degree in computer science or software engineering and 3 years' professional work experience
- Experience in building, configuring and managing networking equipment in a Corporate environment
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of computing systems, applications, and related products
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and Internet standards, including DNS, DHCP, NTP, SMTP
- Strong ability to multitask and resolve issues with urgency
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, including Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012, and the deployment thereof
- Overall knowledge of data center technologies, including TCP/IP networking, SANs (Storage Area Networks), backup systems, and data center facilities management
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages; such as VB-Script and PowerShell for data center automation.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Good project management skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.