- 5+ years of Windows and/or Linux server experience in an enterprise environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong background in supporting VMWare ESX or other virtual environments.
- Working experience supporting Windows servers including OS deployments, software installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Automation, orchestration and/or strong scripting experience a plus.
- Experience working with server hardware: drive replacements, memory upgrades, rack and stack.
- Strong understanding of networking, storage area networks, and backup/recovery important.
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of Windows server hardware and software in a Data Center environment.
- Assist in physical to virtual (P2V) server conversions and Windows operating system upgrades
- Administer enterprise-sized VMware-based virtualization infrastructure covering vCenter ESXi environments version 5.5 and later.
- Create and maintain VM templates used for rapid deployment of virtual machines.
- Assist with daily software deployments to Windows systems in production, QA and development environments.
- Support development and QA teams in troubleshooting application and infrastructure related issues.
- Perform daily tasks such as managing and resolving trouble tickets and change requests, performance tuning, capacity planning, and maintaining documentation.
- Assist project teams in technical design, strategy, planning, and implementation of hardware and software rollouts.
- Work with security team to secure Windows systems, including OS and application patching, logging and monitoring, vulnerability assessment and remediation.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, oral and written communication skills and willingness to work both autonomously and with teams.
- Must be flexible with work schedule, on call and some travel.