SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Windows/Linux operating systems, Active Directory, VMware vSphere, Microsoft Azure
Our private healthcare client is hiring a Systems Administrator for their Mundelein, IL location where you will be primarily responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring, troubleshooting, maintaining, upgrading, and securing all server-based systems. This includes staying on top of the latest technologies and understanding where they can fit into their infrastructure.
Implementation of systems involves working with the application owner of a particular server or architecture to understand the requirements, design, procure, and install the system(s) to meet the business requirements. This includes updating supporting documentation and monitoring systems to meet internal standards.
The Systems Administrator role will provide escalated maintenance and support of all systems. This will include performance monitoring, tuning, process automation, and security. The Systems Administrator will keep management, other team members, and customers aware of obstacles and status of changes in timely manner and uses proper judgment to determine when such communication is necessary. This person will also provide technical support to Operations and Business Application Teams while maintaining a professional demeanor at all times. They are also consistently able to interact professionally and work productively with all levels of employees.
Primary Responsibilities/Key Duties:
- Build, configure, document, automate, and administrator server-based operating systems on physical and virtual hardware deployed at various domestic and international locations
- Identify, monitor, and troubleshoot system related issues including performance tuning and incident root cause analysis
- Participate in the management and maintenance of one or more Microsoft Azure tenants
- Automate preventive maintenance and operational tasks
- Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and related activities
- Administer Active Directory domains and related services
- Administer VMware vSphere environments including virtual machine management and troubleshooting, vCenter management tasks and ESXi administration
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related, or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications related to Windows and/or Linux operating systems or VMware vSphere preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Microsoft PKI/certificates a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of HPE hardware a plus
- 1-3 years administering a Microsoft Azure cloud tenant preferred but not required
- 3-5 years of experience installing, administering, and troubleshooting Windows Server and Linux operating system products in an enterprise environment
- 3-5 years of experience administering and troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory and related services
- 3-5 years of experience with administering VMware vSphere environments up to and including vCenter deployment and management, ESXi 6.0+, SRM, vRealize Operations
- Experience with IIS and related services a plus
- Operational knowledge of shared storage systems that support virtualization deployments such as VMware vSphere
- Hands-on knowledge and understanding of hardware configuration and troubleshooting.
- Ability to resolve problems such as file system capacity, consistency and integrity of file systems, understand and take action on hardware related problems such as CPU, RAM, and disk failures.
- Demonstrate the ability to present areas of expertise to team members with guidance from lead/manager
- Demonstrate the willingness and ability to improve performance and/or capabilities across all areas of responsibility utilizing formal and informal training to maintain skill sets
- Consistently demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- This position may require up to 10% travel, potentially to include international travel.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.